“Pleasant Italian, however layout does not lend itself to a quiet romantic evening.”

Rustic Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Naas
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Description: RESTAURANT Rustic Restaurant and Bar Naas is a classic combination of New York style bar and authentic Italian food. Our sumptuous interior is the perfect place to enjoy a meal and drinks in a busy and buzzy atmosphere. Our friendly staff will ensure you receive prompt and professional service and the food will delight you. This casual dining restaurant is bound to become an institution in Naas, and we look forward to welcoming you soon. Food We make our own pastas, and every day our chefs prepare the dough for our authentic wood fired pizzas, cooked in our wood burning stove imported from Italy. We only use Caputo 00 Flour, San Marzano tomatoes, and where possible real Buffalo Mozzarella. Try our range of homemade pastas with authentic Italian sauces. We cook a mean steak as well, and each day our fish is fresh and cooked to order. We really try hard to make the best possible food, we never use frozen, and we know you will love it. Local and Authentic All of our products are sourced locally where possible and from the Abruzzo and Campania regions of Italy. We use no additives, no stabilizers, and none of our products are ever frozen. Freshness and quality is paramount to our team who make all of our food daily in our kitchen. Crafty beers, fine wines and great coffee complete the picture.
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Italian food is my favourite so I was delighted when Rustic opened. The food is very good indeed and i have been frequently. The seating arrangements are not good..if you a want a table for two, invariably, you get seated along the walkway, so people are passing by, close to you, at a very small table. Even when the place is not busy and not booked out, the staff are reluctant to offer a booth. Once, during the day, there was one other table full of children and the waiter wanted to seat us (couple) beside them. i had to work hard to obtain a table in a quieter location. Some staff training might help. It won't stop me going there, but I hate having to negotiate a good table.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Ordered 2 pizzas, a portion of chicken wings and a side salad for collection. I didn’t order for delivery, which would have been far handier, because my past experience with Rustic has been pathetic. My last delivery order arrived 2 ish hours late with the wrong order and everything cold. The quality of food is good so I persist.

Tonight I went to collect my order. I paid up and when she produced the order the side salad was missing. I asked and it wasn’t included in the order despite them calling the order back to me over the phone when I placed it. This was no big deal, it happens. I asked for a side salad. They put a new order through. When I went it pay I only had a debit card. They refused to take payment as the transaction was under €5. Is this the only place on earth that still has this minimum payment rubbish? So unless I went to an ATM I couldn’t get the side salad because Rustic wouldn’t take a €3.50 payment over card despite having taken a payment of €31 from me a minute earlier and it being 100% their fault. What a joke of a place.

Was a regular in-house customer and occasion take out but I definitely won’t be returning or recommending to anyone. Disgraceful attitude from one of the counter staff.

6  Thank X2304TNjamesf
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal at rustic over the weekend. The first thing i must say is how great the staff were. Very friendly and helpful. The place was very busy with every table full. Food was very nice. Id definitely return. Keep up the great work everyone.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Booked this as a night out for my wifes birthday on a Saturday night. Very busy, every table was in use and plenty of life. A real bustling spot. From the outside it may look small and you'd almost not notice it however once in it goes back quite a bit and opens up. There is also an upstairs however I didn't venture up there.

We were seated and given menu's very promptly. Our orders were taken and the starters arrived quick enough. They were both bread based starters so are usually a quick order anyway.

Service throughout was brilliant, very attentive and friendly. The food was fantastic and I'd say well up there with the nicest pizza's I've ever had. All in all the bill was very reasonable for 2 x 3 course meals, wine and 7 up with tea after. Would have no hesitation in booking again.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Ok. So this was an impromptu visit as we had to venture into Naas from Kilcullen. We had 4 children with us aged 6,8,10, and 10. Our son is ceoliac so we were expecting limited options but his eyes lit up when he found out he could have gluten free pizza. Milianos is our usual haunt given their ability to cater for kids that are ceoliac..... but once he had the pizza in Rustic he said there's no going back to Milano. My wife and I were very surprised at how busy this place was for a Thursday evening. You have to take rustic in context - it's difficult around here to get close to good Italian food and decent wood fired pizza topped off with quality ingredients. Rustic does both very well. We had a really good meal at a reasonable price and booked rustic for the following week for a family birthday. Very happy customers.

Date of visit: September 2018