“New Year”

Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
“New Year”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just stayed in the hotel for New Years with all our family, we had a comfortable and plesant stay at the hotel, rooms were clean and spacious and staff were friendly, helpful and very efficient... my only complaint would be the size of the bar it's very small for the size of the hotel but all in all we had a brilliant 2 night stay and would definitley recommend to anybody... also used the Body & Soul Treatment rooms and had a very relaxing and enjoyable treatment.....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Caitrionaogorman, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Joanne G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay over New Years in Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I was glad to read that you took some time to sample one of the many excellent, relaxing treatments on offer at very keen prices by Rachel and her Team in Body & Soul.

Joanne G, I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

Caitriona O' Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
dublin irealand
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed on new years eve and new years day and we had the best time ever.staff was very friendly and so nice.we received hats and blowers for when 12ovlock came around.kids got party bags with dinner with colouring books and crayons.food court next door great for children with great selection.if I had to say there was a bad point it would be the bar is to small and there was no proper lobby,but staff dealt with the huge volume of people very well.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank ryaner
Dear Ryaner,

Thank you for taking the time to review your New Years Stay in our hotel.

We, as a team also enjoyed the excellent athmosphere over this time and we look forward to doing it all again next New Years!!

Ryaner, I hope to welcome you back for the 2013 celebrations if not sooner!

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Family event lead to a last minute booking for one night only.I had a double room with my wife and my adult children had a twin.I had passed the hotel many times on the motorway which passes right by it.The rooms ,staff and breakfast were all very good.As there was a Christmas Party there that night all guests not part of that group were roomed on the top floor to avoid any noise.All of us had a really good nights sleep and enjoyed a hearty breakfast before continuing our journey.The food court next door had a good variety of outlets.I would strongly recommend the Maldron.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank conirish
Dear Conirish,

I thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

Great to read that you enjoyed your stay and our Hearty breakfast offering.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed here with my daughter on a cheap deal. The staff were really nice and the room was very comfortable. The foodhall beside it has a great selection of cheap places to eat. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear ReneC283,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay whilst at Maldorn Hotel Portlaoise and that you availed of one of our many excellent special offers deals which are available all year.

ReneC283, I hope you will retun to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise for another stay at some point.

Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I really loved this hotel the locantion was excellent and also it was nice to see a few restaurants there after my long journey. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again. But I booked a double room and was in one with a double bed and a single bed. I thought this was strange.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Travel Bug 062,

Thank you for your lovely review about our hotel.

All of our rooms are very spacious and for that reason were designed to sleep one to four people. While some rooms have a double and single bed, we also have several with double and two singles to conveniently sleep a family.

Travel Bug 062, I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

good large spacious room very clean
all staff very pleasent
Breakfast was only ok fruit and yogurt and good choice of bread Hot breakfast was not very warm and was fairly tastless in my opinion it seemed to be cooked some time and dried up

Dinner in resteraunt is not fine dining but very good food and service

We got very good deal with bottle of wine and dinner

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Bernadette31,

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay in Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I was happy to read that you had availed of our excellent Dinner, Bed & Breakfast package with a Complimentary bottle of wine which really is great value.

I was saddened to read that you were disappointed with our breakfast as we always strive to push standards of perfection across all departments in our hotel, particularly with the quality of our food. I appreicate you taking the time to review this expereince as it is only through our guests taking the time to offer their feedback that we can grow and improve on our service.

Cork
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed with a friend at the Maldron in Portlaoise and was really happy with this hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. All we spoke to had a friendly smile and an offer of help. We ate in the resturant and the food was really good, tasty and with plenty to fill you up at any meal. The pool is beautifully clean and warm. I will be returning to the hotel as I think it will make an ideal base to explore not just Laoise but all the surrounding counties.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Nora K,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I am so happy to read that you had a lovely pleasant stay. Indeed the hotel is centrally located in the heartlands of Laois and is ideal when travelling to visit scenic areas of any other county around us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise some day.

Caitriona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
3.4 km away
12.5 km away
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise? Share your experiences!