Everybody likes to feel special and heaped with loads of attention once in their lives. Our experiance at Castle Leslie on the weekend of the 2nd of March 2012 certainly did this for my wife and I. We stayed at the lodge on a Special which included Dinner and and breakfast and from the moment we arrived ,booked in and shown to our room we had smiles on us like chesire cats. Our room was massive with a large and extremely comfortable double and furnished to a very high standard to suite the age and history of the building. a large bathroom with a antique style rolltop bath and seperate shower further enhanced the ambiance...in fact everything in the lodge was of a quality and design next to none. Dinner on our first evening was in Snaffles Restuarant....again from the moment we arrived here we were treated well .The food which consisted of seven courses with a bottle of house wine thrown in for good measure was up there with the best we,d experianced. After the meal we decided to have a look around ...it was perhaps 2230 hrs and had a quiet drink in connors bar with the crackling of a log and peat fire to keep us company...The following day after a hearty breakfast we went for a walk through the substantial grounds ending up tn the Castle itself....Think Downtown Abbey......we walked from room to room amazed at the decor , paintings and interior design...so this is how the other half lived...for that weekend we were the other half....so much so another weekend has been booked in November...oh and the anorak in me had to go to a local library to get a book on Shane Leslie ...father of the currant owner so as I could continue the experience....try it ...you deserve to feel special once or twice in your life!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough