“Wonderful Stay!”
Review of Bansha House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bansha
Bansha House
Ranked #1 of 3 Bansha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Was at Bansha House for two nights. The owners of the house were warm and wonderful. Not only did they allow us to check in early from a redeye flight, but offered us some bread and tea as we must have looked quite weary. This place is a solid reminder of the reason we stay in B & B's - especially in Ireland. You are never treated as a stranger and always feel looked after. I couldnt disagree more with the traveller who said they are ripping you off. And I might add that I live in Manhattan, and you couldnt find a pot to p*ss in in that city for 90 euro - let alone a good night's sleep and a delicious breakfast! (and btw I dont even believe we were charged that much in the first place).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CMV1984

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Bansha House is the true Irish experience you imagine when thinking of Ireland... from your first impression of the beautiful 300 year old victorian mansion as you turn up the driveway to the magnificant Irish breakfast served each morning. I think I am now addicted to the Bansha House and cannot determine if it is Mary's cooking and caring ways, the charm of the rooms (I have stayed in most of them and each has it's own charm) the green fields and grazing horses, the beauty and colors of the seasons, the smell of the wonderful linens when you crawl into bed each night, the flowers, trees and birds seen through all of the huge crystal clear windows, sitting by the fire and letting all the stress I have ever experienced float away or the Irish charm and friendly ways of Mary and her entire family. Whatever it is, I just love it!! I cannot say enough about a stay at the Bansha House and recommend it as a "must do" for anyone travelling to Ireland. It is centrally located and provides you with a true Irish experience. I first visited Bansha House in 2005 and return at least once a year. Bansha House is not a hotel or your "run of the mill" B&B, it is an experience...and one that should not be missed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sassyshamrocks
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We had been touring around Ireland and had not planned where to stay that night. We drove through Limerick and grabbed a B&B guide to see where would be nice for the night! Saw Bansha House and thought yes I like the look of that, I adore that period of house. Luckily she had a room available. We arrived at 6, had a good chat with Mary, she advised us to try this new little place to eat down the road, and do drop by for a pint of Guinness with Nellie, we did and she was lovely, in her gorgoeous little pub. Our room was comfortable, with ensuite shower, or you could have a bath in one of the shared bathrooms. It had a very homely feel, like we were just staying with Auntie Mary, altho she did remind me of my Granny which was lovely! Delicious breakfast in a pretty red dining room. We would definatly go back, maybe stay for longer and get to know the area! Thanks Mary. x

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Waters2752
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Craggy Island! Breakfast was served to the sound of mass on the radio, the house is decorated in an old fashioned manner, think of the house in Father Ted. It cost 90euros for one night, you could stay in a reasonable Manhattan hotel for cheaper. The owner, an elderly woman is taking advantage of people, weddings in the area mean jackpot. Be careful when paying as the owner had diddiculty finding a ten euro note for change. Rip off Ireland is alive and well, this is a b&b not a decent hotel with good service and decent facilities.

5  Thank Windmill78
Reviewed 17 May 2010

If you are travellling in Ireland and want to experience a traditional farmhouse then you must stop at bansha house. The farmhouse was built in the 1700's with the ivy growing up the gray walls. A long drive lined with old trees and violets. There are barns with horses working out in the morning and cats walking in the long grass. It is so quiet and pleasant. The stairway and whole house has the victorian feel and look. Mary meets you at the door with a real warm Irish welcome that doesn't diminish during your stay. The food is excellent and presented well. The house is close to the rock of cashel, Cork, and Cahir Castle. Lots to do in the area. A great area and a great start to our vacation in Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeaniemack
Reviewed 2 August 2008

What a lovely place. The hospitality was warm, friendly and second to none. It is centrally located. Very quiet and miles of paths to walk around and see the horses.

Will go back if I retrun to Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank karaokecowboy
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We went to Bansha mostly to do some walking, and there's lots to do in this area with its Glen of Aherlow. Bansha House is on the edge of a village named Bansha (with two pubs -- one providing a decent selection of foods for supper) and is a beautiful horse farm. It was quiet and scenic. Mary welcomed us warmly, and provided us with required tourist information -- particularly about the walking. We had a spacious and comfortable room at the back of the house and it was very pleasant. The breakfasts were incredible -- cold foods as well as a choice of hot dishes. I particularly liked the scrabbled eggs with smoked salmon! If ever back in Ireland we would definitely return to Bansha House, stay longer, and do more walking.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank VeraCanada

Been to Bansha House? Share your experiences!