“Great stay despite abusive people”
Mountfin House is a home from home, it is a Airbnb. 3 Guestrooms, Access to all rooms & Facilities.
Front Garden with Charcoal BBQ Unit, Tables & Chairs, set in mature gardens. Front Room - the snug, sizable, comfortable and quite.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front Garden with Charcoal BBQ Unit, Tables & Chairs, set in mature gardens.
Front Room - the snug, sizable, comfortable and quite.
Games Room, Large Snooker Table, Gym, Kayaking Gear and Fishing Rods available.
The cliff Hanger - Massive American bed - loads of space.
Beautiful views over the hills
On the banks of the river Slaney, famous for fly fishing Sea trout, brown trout & Salmon
Purple Room - large Queen Bed - Plenty of storage - views over front garden
Beautiful corn fields outside
Back of house has a large eating table and access to run in the fields
Ice hockey and American Pool
Tombrick Gardens are beside us
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Wwlass
“Great stay despite abusive people”
Reviewed March 3, 2019 for a stay in September 2018
people found this review helpful

We stayed in Mountfin House on 24th September with a few friends. Fantastic facilities there, great host who was very helpful at all times. Our rooms were spotless as was the entire house. When I was cooking dinner, over a few glasses of wine a family turned up. The lady was extremely abusive to the host. How Paul held is tongue and stayed so calm & polite I will never know but he dealt with the situation in a very professional & calm manner. I wanted to turn on her the abuse she was shouting at him right at the kitchen door but naturally it was not my place. Fortunately they left and did not stay and we continued to have a fantastic evening stay. It definitely will not stop any of us returning to Mountfin House. We want to try beat Paul at table tennis lol. We'll be back :)

Date of stay: September 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
6 Mar 2019
Hi Lisa, OMG we did have a laugh, and again my apologies about that abusing family Donna & Co. It was a shame, but I had to hold my head and be civil. Respectfully, all 10 Guests that night had a blast between snooker, music, table-tennis and warming our hearts in-front of the open fire. Thank you for your honest review..
T1005QCia...
Cork, Ireland
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed September 29, 2018 for a stay in September 2018
person found this review helpful

First of all, this is basically an AirBnB. So, you're staying in someone's house, which is not the same as staying in a guest house. So only one shared bathroom, for instance
To be fair, Paul the owner does his best to make your stay a sociable one, introducing you to other guests, providing entertainment and chat - so, grand if that's what you like.
The kitchen has a big table and is well stocked for breakfast.

On the downside, the place needs a thorough (THOROUGH) cleaning and some redecorating would help improve the experience considerably.

4 Feb 2019
Hi Stephen, delighted to meet you as you seemed like a gent, apologies to refuse your booking as Donna was a disrespectful b 'person' , insulting other guests, OMG the list goes on. Thankfully I know know that when I am presented with someone trying to bring in 5 people for the price of 2, and I be as respectful as Donna, the cow.
cowiedonn...
Larne, United Kingdom
“Terrible b&b”
Reviewed September 24, 2018 for a stay in September 2018
people found this review helpful

Arrived Saturday evening greeted by Paul who smelt of alcohol at 5.30pm. We booked a double room for 2 but brought our 8year old daughter with us. We did not want another bed just the double room we had booked! Paul showed us about offering us a 3 bedroom we were like if you are sure “yeah no problem at all” even though the room smelt of foostie bed clothes & the shower/toilet room had a disgusting used towel hanging we thought we would go for food after our 4hr journey & maybe it will be different on our return.

There was no offer of a drink on arrival as advertised.

On our return at 8pm Paul met us saying I will have to charge you more money an extra €30, at this stage an empty bottle of red wine was on the table (clearly drank by him) I asked him about breakfast he said what time were we getting up, I said 8am he replied well don’t expect me to get up there is a box of cereal & juice in the fridge help yourself. My daughter was getting distressed at this stage & I was not prepared to pay more money for a b&b where the breakfast was not as advertised (cooked) with smelly bed clothes so we decided to leave & find alternative accommodation.

They have refused to give my money back even though we did not stay & no other residents were there to make it a full house.

Booking.com took the payment the previous week which I thought strange, now I know why. If you arrived & were met with these conditions you would want to leave to!

21 Feb 2019
Donna, as you stated you brought 3 people not 2, you booked in 2 people via Booking.com, you requested to book in at 10:00 in the morning since as you had an event to go to, our plans for the day were cancelled to facilitate you, yet you arrived at 17:30.

The triple single bedroom, had been cleaned that morning with fresh linen as was every other room, and the cleaning team took offence to your comment about a dirty towel since as the towel was new in the bathroom. 'DRINK' on arrival, you were offered a cup of Tea / Coffee / Juice, but you were eager to drop your bags / use the facilities and go out for dinner.

OTHER Guests and I had dinner here and the 5 of us enjoyed a bottle of wine between us.

Booking.com clearly states 'Continental Breakfast' as does Airbnb.

YOUR REVIEW was removed from booking.com and Facebook since as you broke the rules. Advising your ‘Dance’ friends of ‘how to break’ the rules of Booking.com so that they can respectfully bully hosts into giving FREE beds to UNBOOKED guests, is not advisable, and it downright WRONG. Subsequently Booking.com refused to refund you, not me. Booking.com was the agent, you broke their rules and my heart in one day.

In terms of your return to the house, the guests who heard what you said, the manner that it was said, and your actions, disgusted them all, and they respectfully wanted to tell you to go away, thankfully you did. They respectfully knew that I had tried several times to call you when you were out as did Booking.com BECAUSE I wanted to verify with Booking.com prior to talking to you that you were breaking the rules. Booking.com tried to advise you of the same but your didn’t read your messages / emails or answer the phone.

That night I had the pleasure of having a full house with amazing people staying, where people sat by the fire, used the games room and enjoyed freshly made croissants for breakfast.

It was taken me 6 months to write this review, as never has someone disgusted me so much, but thankfully I have fantastic guests, I am a Super host on Airbnb and Booking.com, and probably for a reason, I treat everyone with care and respect, but if a rude bully arrives trying to get free accommodation // food / drink / facilities, my answer is NO, shame on YOU.

To all those who had read this response to the end, thank you, and I hope you do visit here. :) xx
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.