“Nice overnight getaway”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
“Nice overnight getaway”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I enjoyed my Mother's Day overnight break at the Glenview Hotel very much; I was looking for a chance to rest and recharge in quiet surroundings, and got exactly that. The room was lovely and warm upon arrival, with lots of hot water for my bath. Room service dinner of seabass was served promptly and was delicious. The room was wonderfully quiet, and I got a great night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. In the morning, breakfast arrived on time, and I found the coffee to be excellent.
After checking out, I met my father for lunch in the carvery, where the food was very fresh and beautifully prepared. The carvery staff were helpful and obliging, even offering to carry our trays to the table for us.
A very positive experience all in all. My only quibble would be that the check-in and check-out process took longer than it should have, as there was only one staff member on the desk on a busy holiday weekend. However, I would have no hesitation in returning to the Glenview next time I needed a little R&R.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Clare C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I would highly recommend the woodlands resturant in the glenview hotel .The food was excellent, we had a set lunch menu ,The food was cooked to perfection ,I had wicklow lamb and it melted in my mouth the flavours were well blended .my husband had roast beef and he felt the same .as we had a starter as well when it came to desert we looked for something light but went instead for ice cream .The resturant over looks the gardens and wicklow hills .It is a beautiful spot to sit and relax and just enjoy .If you are in this part ,take the time to visit ,you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: rooms to the front have beautiful views
Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We use this hotel a lot for some rest and relaxation but have found that it has taken a turn for the worse when it comes to the choices for your inclusive dinner if you opt for say 2 nights B&B and one dinner, when you look at the menu almost everything has a supplement added if you want it which defeats the purpose !!! Its kinda cheeky really people your food menu should be designed that you dont have to cash out more than you already have to stay in this hotel. I understand cashing out extra for a fillet but you have to dole out for almost everything on the menu except for perhaps the vegetarian option.

Last year the hotel had a better menu if you decided to have your meal in the bar, order 2 main courses and get a pint/glass of wine free and it wasnt so heavily supplemented. Might be an idea to bring this back in. Because of this we have opted to go elsewhere for a 2 night break where we know we wont have to cash out more on top of the supposed "included" dinner in our package. Sorry Glenview but you need to step up to the plate excuse the pun.

Also the leisure centre after 2.30pm - good luck for some peace and relaxation - the place becomes JAMMED with kids and their Mum's so you have to go to the leisure centre well before 2 to have any sort of rest and relaxation time, its a pity because the water suite is so nice. Dont know how the hotel would get around this as it is a source of income for them but its not condusive to a relaxating environment for the hotel patrons. As for the gym, it stinks of stale sweat and Im almost sure that is emminating from the carpet - the gym needs a good top to toe. Im not a picky patron, its just that my money is hard hard earned and I wont be spending it anymore in the Glenview, there are plenty more hotels out there that offer so much more for the same money.

Pity such a nice hotel is not so nice anymore :-/

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SunLover1973
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel.

I am truly shocked and disappointed by your comments . We are a family friendly hotel with a fantastic, professional team that take a personal pride in the hotel and it's guests experiences.

I would be most grateful if you would contact me on the details below to discuss your experience further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Brian McNamara
Tel: 01 2873399
the royal county
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed in the Glenwiew last weekend, while the check in was quick and smooth I had to ask questions about the leisure center opening times, guests use etc, the room was compact but it had a wonderful view and was very neat and clean,the food both dinner and breakfast was first class, the staff in the restaurants and bar were exceptional, friendly and helpful. we used the leisure facilities the following morning we had a swim and a steam/sauna, The pool area, changing rooms were spotless and the leisure center staff were really helpful and friendly.
We only found out at ckeck out that we could have had a back massage for €15. Overall a lovely hotel in a great location with great staff

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the glen and mountains.
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We had a really enjoyable stay at the Glenview Hotel last weekend. The hotel was fully booked out - we got the last room.
Even though the hotel was running at full capacity, the staff were still so friendly and helpful. We stayed at the Glenview many times in previous years and the standards are consistently very high. We had room service on one evening, as the kids wanted to enjoy the lovely suite we had, with a separate dining room. The next day we had dinner in the restaurant and food, on both occasions was excellent, along with very attentive service. My kids enjoyed the gardens and the pool. Glenview Hotel has the best of both worlds, it is based in the countryside but is only a few minutes drive from Dublin City. Still top of our list for a family break. Lou K.

Room Tip: For a real family treat - ask for the Penthouse - we stayed in room 300. Absolutely huge - like an a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have been to the Glenview four times - once for a wedding and three times as hotel guests. We found the service from the reception to the waiting staff to be extremely warm.
Rooms are very spacious indeed.
We would recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

From the moment my daughter and I entered the Glenview, we were made to feel so welcome by the friendly and efficient staff - each and every one of them. Our room was spacious and beautiful, with fantastic views. Our meal was delicious. An added bonus was discovering that the back massage I booked cost only 15e, there was a special offer on that week. Excellent massage too, by the way! Overall, a most enjoyable break and I do hope to return!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view, ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5.9 km away
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!