All reviewsbreakfast was excellentcommon roomwicklow mountainssmall roadtraditional breakfastdefinitely stay here againgreat hostswarm welcomegreat hikinggas stationmonastic cityother guestsnight's sleepnational parkmonastic sitehiking trailshighly recommend this b b
Reviewed August 4, 2015

We loved starting off our trip to Ireland here! It's very close to a Wicklow National Park, which has amazing walks. Our host was very helpful and suggested a great place to eat. We would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at Pinewood Lodge when traveling solo through Ireland during the beginning of July. I found Mary to be an extremely pleasant host and she made sure my trip was enjoyable.

As a solo traveller, I was a bit concerned about how I would fare at a B&B but Mary whisked all those fears away. After some great tips (eat at the Wicklow Heather) and sites to see (Glendalough) I was happily going through the Wicklow Mountains.

Bonus: there isn't a closer B&B to catching the Wicklow Way as there is a path of catch is within only a hundred meters or so from the residence.

The food was very good there and my room was very suitable for a single traveller. There is one note: without GPS the location can be a little difficult to find. That's not really a knock on the property - just a note so when your GPS tells you to take the small road near the gas station - it looks like you are going the wrong way but it is correct.

I hope you all get to enjoy this place as much as I did. If you are backpacking the Wicklow Way, I'd definitely stop here.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed July 30, 2015

I stayed here for four nights and had a lovely time. The lodge itself was very comfortable with great hosts. It's a nice location for Glendalough walks and also a number of places to eat just next door as well. The breakfasts in the morning were delicious and perfect for a long day of walking! I'd definitely book again and I highly recommend it for others.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2015

We stayed a night at Pinewood Lodge after our arrival into Dublin Airport. The room was spacious and comfortable, as was the guest lounge. We were delighted with the complimentary Wi-Fi which allowed us to let family at home know we'd arrived safely. The delicious breakfast the next morning set us up for our long drive to Kinsale that day. Thank you Michael and Mary for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

Mary was welcoming and extremely helpful with local information. Pinewood Lodge was spotless and comfortable, and they even brought breakfast forward by half an hour to give us an early start on the mountains and sent us off with flasks filled up. The homemade bread was delicious! It was a pity we were only staying one night.

Stayed: July 2015