“Just perfect”
Review of Pinewood Lodge

Pinewood Lodge
Ranked #3 of 12 Laragh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I was coming to Gendalough near the end of a 10 driving trip in Ireland. I called to say I needed to check in late which was no problem. Mary and Michael were great hosts. The rooms were spacious and exceptionally clean. the bed and the pillows were super comfortable! A hot pot was in the room to make tea. Breakfast was excellent. There was plenty of free parking on the premises. The hosts offered suggestions about places to eat and things to do and answered many of the questions I had about the area. The B&B was within walking distance to the two restaurants open late and a gas station that was open until 8pm. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Fiskdebo

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We found this B&B to be very clean and well managed. I wouldn't call this a lodge as that sounds like an older place with a big fire burning. This is a modern house with new furnishings. It would be a good place to use as a home base if you were exploring this beautiful area.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank deanadele
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Michael and Mary were lovely hosts...accommodating our vegan needs by getting almond milk and vegan margarine! Beautiful setting...our room was charming..it's too bad we were only there for one night. A great base for those who are hiking in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazzgoddess
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to visit Wicklow again as it holds so many amazing memories for me. My aunt who sadly passed away last year ran a B&B here and it's been 22 years since I last visited. I went with my partner and our son.

Pinewood lodge was just down the Rd from where my aunts was so we booked in here, it did not disappoint at all.

The rooms were spotless and had all we needed, nice large room with en suit attached, tv and tea & coffee etc.

The beds- WOW just wow. I don't think I've slept that well in years they were amazing.

Breakfast was lovely, I never eat breakfast at home but I'd eat it here everyday if I had the chance. Great quality and taste lovely.

To top off our two days break away my partner got on one knee outside pinewood lodge and asked me to marry him. After getting over the shock of thinking he'd hurt himself of course I said yes.

This beautiful place already held such special memories for me growing up and now it holds even more.

We will be back and I can highly recommend this lovely B&B to all.

Mary thank you for such a lovely welcome and for having us stay in your beautiful home.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniellebartley1980
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Stayed 2 nights while on the Wicklow Way trail. Lovely accommodations and hospitality. Delicious breakfast food; spacious room and easily accessible to trail and Glendalough historic site. Easy walk to restaurants for dinner. No need for lunch as breakfast was very filling.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EE E
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The location is great in a dream landscape. The room is very good with bathroom. There is social space. Breakfast is included in the price and you have 3 options. The room is very nice and nice with the clients. Parking is free.

Room Tip: The perfect choice for hiking in the Wicklow Mountains