My husband and I stayed in Tinakilly house for just one night as a little anniversary treat. The hotel is a lovely spot to stay. If you prefer modern hotels, this may not be for you, as it is a (beautiful) old building, maintained in traditional style.
We arrived on Easter Sunday afternoon and it was busy with families enjoying lunch, and it looked like they had put on an Easter treasure hunt for kids!
We stayed in a junior suite and with a sea view, which was lovely. A very spacious room and very comfortable. My husband found it a bit warm during the night, but I was very content (I love it toasty!). The room and bathroom was very clean, the bath itself was a little on the small side, but there was plenty of piping hot water for a bath. I’m a little sorry I didn’t request one of the other rooms with a 4 poster bed, but maybe next time!
We ate in the restaurant and really enjoyed our 3 course meal. We got the early bird menu and it was very good value for quality food and service. It was quiet enough (following a hectic afternoon I believe) but it was perfect for us, we were able to totally relax and enjoy ourselves and our meal. There is lovely bar and a selection of lounge areas (with cosy open fires) where you can sit and completely switch off and unwind.
The staff are a credit to the hotel. Sissel (I hope I spelt it right!) gave us such a warm welcome and was delightful to deal with and chat to. Every single person we had any interaction with was so nice, friendly and helpful.
If you’re planning a small wedding this would be a lovely spot. I believe they cater for small weddings and the building and grounds would make for a charming setting.
Overall we really enjoyed our short stay in Tinakilly Country House and would recommend it for a nice little romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow