“Plenty of space for families”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Annie's Meadow

Annie's Meadow
A short drive to stunning Westport Achill Island Cong & 14 mins from Knock Airport
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Annie's Meadow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
heminj01
London
“Plenty of space for families”
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We needed to book somewhere in the Knock area at very short notice. Annie and her local contact were very helpful and the location is excellent, not far from Knock yet down a quiet road. The house had plenty of space for our family, great TV too!

4 Apr 2018
Thank you John and family , I appreciate you booking my home , you are welcome back anytime .
It was great you could travel back to London from Knock airport.

Kind Regards Annie
lesatkins...
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“The prefect location, a home away from home”
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

The location is amazing .... this remarkable house is everything you could wish for , very very spacious, tastefully furnished , spotlessly clean and situated in the quite country side of beautiful Co Mayo. A home base to travel all over Ireland from with the comfort and privacy of a home away from home to return too.

My sister Nicky and I will definitely come back . We highly recommend Annie’s Meadow.

5 Apr 2018
Thank you so much girls , you were a pleasure to host. You did a lot of day trips , Westport , Newport, St Patrick’s Mountain, & Galway a few time . You need to return and take some rest time , walk the country lanes & enjoy the local wildlife while sipping a glass of wine . I am glad y AnMeadow your welcome back anytime.

Kind Regards

Annie
Sheilagh...
Berkshire
“Perfect Family Holiday ”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Amazing holiday all thanks to Annie and her beautiful home.

First time we have used Airbnb and first time we have rented a house in Mayo instead of hotels or bnbs, I can tell you it was the best decision we ever made and will never stay anywhere else!! I did a huge amount of research but kept coming back to Annie's meadow and so glad I did.

We are family of 4, my girls are 5 and 1. Annie's Meadow was just amazing for them, so much space and just perfect for a lovely family holiday.

The house is large and beautiful, all the rooms were spotless and everything you could possibly need was there to enjoy your stay.

Family dinners were perfect in the dining area, and the kitchen is so grand, perfect for cooking family meals.

Sitting room is just lovely and the fire is perfect, used a few times even though it's August it was typical Irish weather hot one day wet the next :) Sky freeview is available for UK channels and my girls loved the DVDs too, we had many family nights in it was just so relaxing.

Bathroom was lovely again so clean and my girls could swim in it as was so big :)

Bedrooms were perfect and ours having ensuite was fab. The girls were in their own rooms and I brought the monitor from home for our little one which was perfect so I could relax. The house is so large so it was easy to put them to bed and they were never disturbed by us. Really was home from home and we didn't want to leave!

Location was perfect for us, we have family all over Mayo - achill to kilmovee! This was just right; claremorris is 10mins and has many shops you would need, Tesco, Aldi and lots of pubs and restaurants. There is a lovely park and walk for the children in claremorris too. kiltimagh pet farm is up the road and also claremorris has a soft play and leisure centre for swimming.

Set within its own land it's just blissful waking up everyday to see the Irish countryside.

Annie needs a special mention too as she was just the perfect host and my children adored her.

Communication was amazing and months before our trip I was asking all sorts of questions being first time self catering and Annie was so helpful and answered all my questions so I was completely prepared when I packed us up to make the 10hour drive!

All in all in my 32years it was the best holiday back home to Ireland we have ever had and it is all thanks to Annie.

Thank you so so much I am very sad to be back home now but will definitely book again soon once baby is here.

Guide7123...
“PERFECT FOR EXPLORATION”
Reviewed August 22, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Lovely place, warm, clean, very quiet area, four miles from a village that has every amenity you could want. Large garden surrounded by fields, very pet friendly. Charming owner exceptionally helpful and informed. A home from home. Would rebook without hesitation.

2 Sep 2017
John and his family are exceptionally nice people. Totally respectful of my home. They left my house in prefect condition. I would love to host them again.

Regards Annie
Peregrina...
Canberra, Australia
“Lovely country house on the outskirts of Knock”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Annie is lovely and was very helpful making sure that we were OK and had a great time. The house itself is terrifically comfortable and set in a charming rural location just a few minutes from Knock. We used it as a base to tour the RIng of Kerry and Aran Islands as well as a few side trips to the north. Overall a great base in Ireland.

18 Aug 2017
Thank you so much Julian Cate & family , it was a joy to host you .
It was great you did so much travelling around mayo and the surrounding counties , and found my house to be a good base. You are always welcome back.

Annie
Laura E
New York
“Will be back to Annie's Meadow”
Reviewed May 14, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We were welcomed by Annie and felt right at home. Her house was large and the 5 of us fit comfortably with room to spare. Great kitchen for cooking and a lovely living room where you can make a fire. The house sits in a beautiful countryside where the views are endless. Easy drive to Knock and central spot to explore Mayo. Clean with plenty of linens and the comforts of home.

15 May 2017
Thank you so much Laura, Seth and girls, for staying in Annie's Meadow This family were so respectful of my house and a joy to host. I can recommend they highly they looked after my house as they would their own. I really hope I will be lucky enough to meet this beautiful family soon again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing