“"Simply superb"”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in St Aubin
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“"Simply superb"”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Just re-booked for five days in August 2012 as we were so taken by this excellent hotel during our first trip to Jersey this August. Wonderful views from the room's balcony over the bay, and a couple of breathtaking sunsets to boot! Friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness throughout. Excellent quiet location but within easy reach of of St Helier. Travelled everywhere on the island by bus which is great value; we found no real need for a car. Even the transfer from the ariport on the local bus is easy, just make sure you know the route from the bus stop - Coronation Gardens - to the Hotel. The little road through a residential area to the bottom on the Hotel gardens is a quick and safe route. Walkers' paradise with many marked routes all over the island, so you can walk off the hearty breakfasts. Steve and his Team have much to be proud of at this Hotel; we look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room with a balcony if you can. Our room was on the first floor and had a great vi...
6 Thank KathW-LSA
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I'm delighted that you've rebooked for 2012 and look forward to welcoming you back.

Yes I'm very proud of the team here. You're praise has been passed on to them.

Steve Hayes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel must have one of the best views in Jersey, which coupled with the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, from the cleaners to the manager, made this a really great holiday. The food was very good and being the sort of person who regards a good breakfast as essential to see me through the day, I couldn't go wrong with the choice on offer. The evening meals were also very good, with my only complaint being the lack of variety of vegetables, although this could have been due to the time of year and the fact that they try to use local produce whenever possible.We had a sea view room which was of a reasonable size and was clean and quiet. We booked on a half board basis which meant that we could arrange to have our evening meals in either of the other two hotels in the Dolan group or their restaurant in St. Helier. We did dine in the Somerville Hotel one evening which made a change and again the food and service was very good. Entrance to the Hotel Christina grounds by car involved an extremely sharp left turn coming up the hill but was much easier if you approached from downhill, although it did involve a bit longer drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have excellent views and if you use the upper car park there is direct acce...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gardener045
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taing the time to post a review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

After suffering a awful experience checking into and out of a nearby guest house, my wife and I were hoping that our stay at the Hotel Cristina, would restore our faith in the reviews you find on Tripadvisor (have a look at my review for the Olanda Guest House St Aubin). We're pleased to advise that this hotel does live up to it's excellent rating and would like to thank the hotel management and staff for turning what was a really bad start to our bank holiday weekend, into and truly wonderful experience and we'll look forward to returning again in 2012. Read the reviews and you won't be disappointed !

3 Thank Chris R
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your review, I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay after such a bad start and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Overall this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The location is excellent for exploring Jersey (5min walk to the beach) and the view is incredible. I have stayed I'm many hotels in places such as Florida, the Dominican Republic, LA etc but I can honestly say the views from this hotel are the best I have ever seen.

As for the hotel itself it is clean and modern, the staff are very friendly especially the girls on reception. The food served in the restaurant and bars is amazing and the rooms are of a decent size and always very clean.

The pool is also a nice size but the water was very cold (definately not heated) but once you had got used to it was fine.

The only minor niggles I have is the wifi signal is only available in the bar, restaurant and a few rooms. I had a sea view room and managed to get a decent signal on the balcony but that was it. The other disappointing factor was when we decided to go for afternoon tea (which is served from 12:30 to 5) at 3pm we ordered everything and about 15mins later the waitress informed us that they had run out of scones. This was repeated the next day when we had dinner at the restaurant and they informed us they had run out of 2 puddings with one of those being vanilla ice-cream!

But apart from those few minor niggles everything else was perfect and I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank TravellerDJM
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it's really appreciated. I have to agree, the view is stunning and I never tire of it.

The Pool is heated to 26 degrees and checked three times daily to maintain it at that but sometimes it does feel rather cool when you first enter the water.
I have addressed the issues you had with afternoon tea and about your chosen desserts being sold out.
This winter we are hoping to be able to install WIFI connectivity to more of our bedrooms and public areas.

Thank you once again for posting the review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

essex
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friend & I stayed for 5 nights.
Our room was spotless with lovely white bedding and really nice pillows.
We had a nice view of St Aubins Bay.
The entrance of the hotel was no problem as long as you come down the hill.
The walk to the bus stop was not very far through the gardens just a bit tiring coming back
up the steep slope.
We found all the staff to be very helpfull.
Breakfast was very good,we did not eat dinner in the hotel, as when we saw the price of
a 2 course dinner we though it was expensive.
Also the bar prices were expensive.
So we ate out every day.
I do recommend going on the south coast cruise as we saw the dolphins which made our day.
I come back to Jersey every year and I find it very relaxing and a very safe place to stay.
So far the Cristina is the best hotel I have been too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank watford_girlEssex
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Really can't find fault with our recent stay at this hotel. Views are superb from dining room,bar and bedroom. Great location, well worth the climb up through the gardens on your return from a day out, unless you have a car which we did not. Lots of walks and beautiful scenery near by. All members of staff were very friendly and keen to help in any way they could. The local bus service was very reliable and drivers helpful. Would definatley stay here again if returning to Jersey.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing room on higher floor.
1 Thank 229Sue
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it's really appreciated.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, the team and the views.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cristina in the near future.

Porthcawl
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at Hotel Christina for four nights in August. We chose this hotel for it's location to a sporting event my husband was taking part in and as we had never been to Jersey before decided to pay a little more for a good hotel rather than a B&B. We were not disappointed as the hotel was in a great location and the view from our room and balcony was amazing. All staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice and the view from the restaurant was fantastic.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view
1 Thank TheJonesGang
Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting such a positive review, It's really appreciated. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Next years Triathlon maybe?

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Aubin
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#2 of 32 in St Helier
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,816 reviews

Been to Hotel Cristina? Share your experiences!