“Fantastic tapas,but......”
Review of La Bastille

La Bastille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bastille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 243 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and wine bar serving fabulous local, fresh food and the finest wines & craft beers.
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

Five of us out for a meal, service great, friendly banter, nice wine selection, went for a big selection of tapas which was beautiful!! Ordered cheeseboards, which were poor given standards of the rest of our meal! Slithers of cheese, a few grapes and dull crackers ! Cream crackers ??? We asked for some chutney, none available , spoke to manager who was apologetic, chef happened by , who also apologised , we explained how everything was perfect but let down by the cheese boards ! A minor detail in the grand scheme of things but surely a simple thing to rectify? Let the chef put some more thought into selections and accompaniments? He obviously has great talents ! Won't stop us visiting again, nice staff, great food and wine!!

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

I will fess up straight away as I have been visiting this wine bar for more years than I would like to admit both at its current location and its former one.

The place is just wonderful and I frequently entertain business contacts here as well as socialising.

They have tapas which I rate as the best is the island and pizzas which are sublime but too large for a mortal such as me.

Special thanks must go to the beautiful "mein host" Georgie who adds a bit of auburn fire to the whole place in the nicest possible way - she is both attentive and fun.

Reviewed January 28, 2016

This is an agreeable looking restaurant and It was not busy mid week when with work colleagues we went here for dinner. Regrettably I found my fillet had an unpleasant flavour/taste. One colleague had the fish option which looked good. Service was fine. I look forward to giving the restaurant another chance one day.

1  Thank GCR484
Reviewed January 11, 2016

I have been here many a time and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food, especially the Tapas.
Even if you don't fancy having a sit down meal, if you ask nicely they will bring your Tapas to the bar to eat. The last time I went we had amazing tempura king prawns with seaweed salad which were cooked to perfection, then the most sublime mini burgers. Nothing is too much trouble. They have a good selection of wines at a very reasonable price. One of Jersey's gems....Add some sparkle to your life...... I would wholeheartedly recommend going there.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

We had the Chrstmas menu and it was the best steak we had ever eaten. Amazing value and good atmosphere.