“Fine enough, but cramped and service a bit off”
Review of Cafejac

Cafejac
Ranked #81 of 233 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the Jersey Arts Centre with squashy leather seats, plenty of tables inside and out and an all-day eclectic menu of globally-inspired dishes make Cafejac the sort of place you want to relax in for a few hours catching up with your friends or just chilling on your own. Don't miss our famous Saturday brunch with eggs benedict or breakfast burritos. If you're feeling decadent, the pancakes at CafeJac are legendary - made fresh and fluffy to order.
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Seems a nice spot for breakfast, once you get the staff to serve you. Plenty of them around, but they didn't seem to keen to assist. The food was good, and the price reasonable, though all the tables and chairs seemed a little too close to each other, so not much privacy and navigating a path out from the centre was a bit tricky.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This place was recommended by the Arts centre in which its based and so glad it was I would classify this as a theatre bar and restaurant do not be confused by its name we booked prior to a play and had 3 very good courses starting with lovely fresh mini mezzi's very nice little place

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a late breakfast and it was well worth the visit. Brilliant food and great service, only thing I could fault was the poached egg yoke wasn't runny on my Eggs Royal. Everything else was great and not expensive either.

Georgescott36, Owner at Cafejac, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Thanks Daniel,

Your feedback is appreciated.

George Robertson

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Nothing special. Equally good cafes in the area. Stopped serving at 2.30 pm on a Saturday. No waffles. Good juices though.

1  Thank Karen D

Hi Karan,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with our cafe, I am guessing you may have caught us at the end of our week when we were closing for the weekend.

Please be advised that our kitchen is open as follows:

Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm for breakfast lunch and dinner
Saturday, 9am - 2.30pm, Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch,

Thankfully we are probably one of the busiest and most popular places in St Helier and have been for over 20 years now, so I do hope you get the chance to visit us again and hopefully see us in a better light.

George Robertson

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

The pancakes were thick, burnt on the outside and uncooked on the inside. I don't understand how a 'chef' can get pancakes wrong. I must say that the staff were very good when I sent the food back and were quick to bring me my money and offer us a future meal on the house. I don't think we will dine here for food again though, because it is the second bad experience now.

1  Thank kalikos

Hello,

I apologise for the late reply to this, we are not in the habit of checking trip advisor, I believe this may have happened at the same time when we were having problems with the temperature setting on our flat top grill which we have since rectified. Of course this is absolutely no excuse for serving over cooked food of which we are truly sorry for.

Please do consider giving us another chance as almost all of the time we do get it right, and feel free to drop us a line at mail@cafejac.co.uk the next time you plan to visit and we will be sure to do you some pancakes on the house to thank you for your feedback.

George Robertson, Owner