“No impressed ”

Ranked #66 of 253 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Jersey Arts Centre with squashy leather seats, plenty of tables inside and out and an all-day eclectic menu of globally-inspired dishes make Cafejac the sort of place you want to relax in for a few hours catching up with your friends or just chilling on your own. Don't miss our famous Saturday brunch with eggs benedict or breakfast burritos. If you're feeling decadent, the pancakes at CafeJac are legendary - made fresh and fluffy to order.
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

I go to Cafe Jac a few times a year. I went today for breakfast and ordered a mini monty (bacon, eggs, beans). My tea arrived and the extra sausage I ordered, but my breakfast did not. After my table had nearly finished their meals, we asked at the till where my breakfast was to be told it was on its way. I was sat next to the kitchen and could see it was not being made. When my table were ready to leave I went to the till and asked for a refund for the breakfast I paid for but didn't receive. Was handed £5.25, no explanation, no apology. I left starving and wasted an hour of my life. Worth noting that the Cafe was not over busy and a few of the kitchen staff were sat in the cafe eating their food. This will be my last visit to Cafe Jac, as even though the food is nice, it's not worth the risk that you may not get your food.

3  Thank LozMez64

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

I go to Cafe Jac a few times a year and went today for breakfast. The rest of my table had nearly finished their breakfasts and mine had still not arrived (only bacon, eggs and beans). We chased and got told it was on its way. I was sat next to the kitchen and could see it was not being made. After we were ready to leave, 40 minutes after ordering, I went and asked for a refund for the breakfast that I did not receive. Money handed over for the exact £5.25, no explanation or apology and I left starving. It's a shame but this will have been my last visit to cafe Jac as I like to actually get a breakfast when I go for breakfast.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Seems a nice spot for breakfast, once you get the staff to serve you. Plenty of them around, but they didn't seem to keen to assist. The food was good, and the price reasonable, though all the tables and chairs seemed a little too close to each other, so not much privacy and navigating a path out from the centre was a bit tricky.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

This place was recommended by the Arts centre in which its based and so glad it was I would classify this as a theatre bar and restaurant do not be confused by its name we booked prior to a play and had 3 very good courses starting with lovely fresh mini mezzi's very nice little place

1  Thank John M
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a late breakfast and it was well worth the visit. Brilliant food and great service, only thing I could fault was the poached egg yoke wasn't runny on my Eggs Royal. Everything else was great and not expensive either.

Georgescott36, Owner at Cafejac, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

Thanks Daniel,

Your feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards