“What did the Japanese do so wrong?”
Review of Bento Sushi

Bento Sushi
Ranked #75 of 255 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m going to japan next year and I want to know if it’s possible for one this bad to exist. It was dreadful. It’s like someone read an article about Japanese food and then went to the local bp garage to try and recreate it.

Firstly on entry there is no staff to greet you. In fact staff were hiding around the corner and were distant throughout whenever you needed them.

You have the conveyor belt sushi but it was low quality, falling apart and mainly edamame beans going around in circles. The ordered food is even worse. Miso soup so salty that it’s inedible. Tempura not served anymore as they don’t fry food...yet Katsu still sold. When that arrived it looked like a Birdseye special with home pride sauce on top. We literally got bored eating and once we found someone to take our cash (ignored twice) we left. Only a dodgy tummy the next day to remind us of the evening.

We’re not fans. Sorry

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Bento is a great little Sushi bar in St. Helier. It gets busy especially at Lunch time, but it's worth the wait. Good food on the conveyor but you can order specials from the menu to accompany the conveyor food. Tasty, with a good selection of foods to suit most pallets.
Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Only small but got seated within 5 minutes just before peak time on a Friday night. Service snappy and really helpful. Yo Sushi style conveyor. Good idea having food that needs ordering on one side of menu. Food really nice. 3 of us ate loads and bill was good at £83. If you want to try small bits of everything this is the best place to go.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Nice to find something else to eat. The place was quiet so good service and enough choice in sushi on the belt. The waitresses kept asking me for any orders. Apparently not everyone eats exclusively the sushi of the belt as I did :).
The sushi is good but not excellent. The cut of the salmon for instance was not right for all the pieces. And some special local flavours (rocket leaves?) were available.
I can recommend to go to Bento!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

As a Jersey resident for a while it was my first time at Bento Sushi with my family very nice, a lots of choices and well presented. I’m not a fan of sushi but my family love it, so I recommend...

Date of visit: June 2018