“Even though it was Groupon - it was Fantastic”

Greenhills Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in St Peter
malcybabe
“Even though it was Groupon - it was Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife & I stayed here last week April 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
We were blown away by the room, the staff, the food and the great overall experience.
Excellent variety on the menu and great wines. Very good value indeed.

Room Tip: We asked for a Suite and had a lovely room - No 8 - with a huge bed, and a lovely sitting room with...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Essex
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel the first being five years ago and did wonder if it would still be as good as the first time. We needn't have worried as it is still excellent. The food is really, really good and the staff are both extremely friendly and helpful. Next time we return to Jersey we will not consider staying anywhere else as I don't think we could do better.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was our twelth visit so that says it all. The Greenhill is a treasure of a hotel and in our twelve visits the accommodation , food, attentiveness of the staff in every department- and everything that goes to make a memorable hotel have all been excellent.

Carmalita and Joe who manage the Greenhills are frienldy, helpful and professional-no request is a bother to them. Alfredo in the restaurant and all who run it have to be commended for the quality of the service.

The rooms are all that one would expect and the food is what one would expect and more.

My wife and I look forward to our next visit.

On our last visit we had to leave for an early flight. long before the dining room opened, but the staff arranged to open it for us and enable us to have our usual "tops" breakfast-a feature of the day at Greenhills

Nussbaumen, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Extremely good food. I phoned before going to see whether they served skate, which I had the last 3 times I frequented the restaurant, but on that evening they had none. I booked for dinner anyway and enjoyed the meal thoroughly in a very pleasant and cosy atmosphere. On leaving the restaurant one of the staff, I think it was the owner, said that next time I am there I should phone 24 hours before I would like to come and they would make sure that they got skate.
With such service and attention to the guests wishes there is no doubt that I will be going there again in not to distant a time.
Whoever offered me this THANKS A MILLION I appreciate such kind attention.

Room Tip: I have not stayed there but if the rooms are anything like the service you get in the restaurant the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

There is not 1 thing I can find to fault about this hotel. From the minute we arrived there was not a single thing the staff could not do for you, they attend to your every need, are friendly, helpful, courteous and polite; the service is second to none day and night, all the staff, including the manageress, Carmelita, work very hard to keep this place running like clockwork. The room was impeccably clean with facilities and condiments (tea/coffee etc.) which were filled up daily, gleaming white clean towels in the bathroom which also matched the hotels high standards. The food there is THE best I have ever tasted in my life and I have travelled the world over, been on cruises, ate at fantastic places but I take my hat off to their chef - amazing dishes every day. I highly recommend you pay a visit to this place, you won't be disappointed. I am looking forward to going back again as soon as possible.

2 Thank travelled1
London
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We booked the Groupon deal for 2 nights B&B including 2 day car hire and a bottle of bubbles and I have to say it was fantastic value for money.

All contact with the hotel prior to arrival was prompt and very helfpul.

We arrived on Friday, 13th April and were fortunate enough to be shown to our room at 9.00am. We were in Room 20 which had a lovely large bathroom and the room itself was a decent size especially when we planned to get out and explore as much as we could of the island. The room didn't have a view but was nicely furnished and had a very comfy bed. The position of the shower over the bath was a little difficult to get a good shower but that gave me an opportunity to have a good soak in the bath.

The hotel staff are just delightful, nothing was too much trouble for anyone - if only more hotels could have staff like Greenhills Country Hotel!! We ate in the restaurant on the Friday night and I can't believe what good value their 3 course dinner was. The wine list was also good value, offered some cheaper and some more expensive options. Having toured the Island on Saturday, we hadn't really found anywhere that jumped out for dinner and whilst we knew the hotel was fully booked for dinner on Saturday we did ask if they had any cancellations or if we could get some bar food as we wanted to stay at the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, we were advised if we were happy to eat a bit later we could be accommodated. We came down a bit later, had a pre dinner drink and then had our second exceptional evening meal. We had breakfast in the restaurant on both days and the hot food was cooked to order and came beautifully presented. They also had a buffet option too of cereals, cold meats etc.. which were nicely presented.

I would definately recommend hiring a car so that you get to experience the beauty of the island. St Helier is pretty much like any major town but if you drive out to the coast there are beautiful beaches, nice cafe's and great pubs. The island is pretty small so it doesn't take very long to get around the island. Our groupon deal was with Europcar and the staff were so friendly on arrival and the guy greeted us at the car and talked us through the car's features. When we returned the car, the same man greeted us and brought a luggage trolley to the car and addressed us by name - fabulous customer service.

We will definately take a longer trip to Jersey and will happiily return to Greenhills - we had a fantastic weekend and were thoroughly looked after.

4 Thank SarahLLondon
romford,essex
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Excellent Hotel...good location with nice gardens and pool,staff were very good really friendly polite & helpfull,the breakfast was lovely and served with style.The bedrooms are clean a quite big ,the hotel in general was in a classic style but really nice,we did not have the evening meal but found it to be a bit pricey although we heard it is very good.My wife and i would definetly go back to this pleasant hotel .

1 Thank romfordessex
5.3 km away
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#6 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Greenhills Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!