“Birthday trip”

Greenhills Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in St Peter
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I organised an all exspenses paid trip to jersey for my dads 50th including many local attractions and food. The hotel staff according to my dad we great and most were very helpful. On my behalf in particularly carmelita (manager) very helpful even when faced with a problem. The food at the hotel was "amazing" and my dad has since looked into returning here. Great location, comfortable room and relaxing for visitors.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
There are newer reviews for Greenhills Country House Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I "discovered" Greenhills more than ten years ago, and were so impressed by the welcome, the service, and the ambience, that we have returned most years (sometimes twice), for a total of twelve visits.
As others have discovered, the management and staff are superbly trained, delivering warm and attentive service and superb food and wine. It is a true "home from home" for us, and we look forward to a wonderful personal greeting at each visit.
Relaxed but gently formal, and ideally located, Greenhills never disappoints.

Room Tip: All the rooms overlook the pool and garden - but it's even better paying a little extra for a ro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Booked the hotel through a Groupon voucher which came with free car hire (although the car did cost us £40.00 in the end). Loved the hotel. Yes I do agree that it could do with a bit of decoration but to be honest the staff and the service made me completely ignore this. Lots of little extras that made the hotel what it is. When you stay in a Hilton etc you do not get greeted by your name and asked if you have had a nice day or if there is anything they can help you with. Very clean everywhere and lovely gardens. We did have dinner which was fantastic. Large portions and well presented. Breakfast was also fantastic. We would recommend staying here and if we ever went back to Jersey would be staying here again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor which looked onto the garden.
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife & I stayed here last week April 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
We were blown away by the room, the staff, the food and the great overall experience.
Excellent variety on the menu and great wines. Very good value indeed.

Room Tip: We asked for a Suite and had a lovely room - No 8 - with a huge bed, and a lovely sitting room with...
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel the first being five years ago and did wonder if it would still be as good as the first time. We needn't have worried as it is still excellent. The food is really, really good and the staff are both extremely friendly and helpful. Next time we return to Jersey we will not consider staying anywhere else as I don't think we could do better.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was our twelth visit so that says it all. The Greenhill is a treasure of a hotel and in our twelve visits the accommodation , food, attentiveness of the staff in every department- and everything that goes to make a memorable hotel have all been excellent.

Carmalita and Joe who manage the Greenhills are frienldy, helpful and professional-no request is a bother to them. Alfredo in the restaurant and all who run it have to be commended for the quality of the service.

The rooms are all that one would expect and the food is what one would expect and more.

My wife and I look forward to our next visit.

On our last visit we had to leave for an early flight. long before the dining room opened, but the staff arranged to open it for us and enable us to have our usual "tops" breakfast-a feature of the day at Greenhills

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Extremely good food. I phoned before going to see whether they served skate, which I had the last 3 times I frequented the restaurant, but on that evening they had none. I booked for dinner anyway and enjoyed the meal thoroughly in a very pleasant and cosy atmosphere. On leaving the restaurant one of the staff, I think it was the owner, said that next time I am there I should phone 24 hours before I would like to come and they would make sure that they got skate.
With such service and attention to the guests wishes there is no doubt that I will be going there again in not to distant a time.
Whoever offered me this THANKS A MILLION I appreciate such kind attention.

Room Tip: I have not stayed there but if the rooms are anything like the service you get in the restaurant the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6.1 km away
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#2 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Greenhills Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!