“Wonderful stay”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at the De Havelet in April and although the weather was changeable the De havelet could be relied upon for good service, value for money and friendly staff. The grill restaurant was excellent and we enjoyed the food enormously at the cost of our waistlines. We highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the food and service in our restaurant. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future

Reviewed 18 May 2012

What a fantastic hotel. Clean, Lovely pool. very friendly and helpful staff (especially Sam the bus driver). Excellent food. We were looked after really well and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The view over St Peter Port from the Restaurant is beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor, I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to Sam and the rest of the team, I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I'm used to staying away alone on business (female) but this feels like a mini break!! Staff are great and so efficient and happy to help.

my room this time was not quite as pleasant as the last visit but it really was a last minute booking...and to be fair, the room had all facilities required for my two night stay.

will book next visit too. thanks you to everyone at De Havelet

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BEST WESTERN D, Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay once again with us. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff and l look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

A warm and friendly welcome; comfortable rooms; excellent food; helpful and polite staff; attractive and quiet location; great value for money! Our week-long bargain break in April was even better than last year.

The quality - and quantity - of the food both on the table d'hote dinner menu and at breakfast was extremely good. Meals were a genuine pleasure - and not just for the gastronomic experience. Our waiters - like staff throughout the hotel - were unfailingly cheerful, polite and willing to make our stay as pleasant and relaxed as possible. Gennaro and his team are undoubtedly the hotel's greatest assets!

Since our previous visit, the dining room has been attractively revamped, our room had a sparkling new bathroom and other rooms were being redecorated. New 'extras' this year included bathrobes and slippers in our room and a computer terminal in the sitting room for use by guests.

We enjoyed our week so much that we have already booked again for next year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room for ultimate comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, it is always nice to read when our returning guests have one again appreciated the service and comforts in our hotel, I am also glad to hear that you have enjoyed the quality of the food provided and that you did like the upgrade of the restaurant and the improvements made in the bedrooms, bathrooms and the little extras touches in the hotel. I shall pass on your kind comments on to all the staff, and as always it has been a pleasure to be at your service once again and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet next year.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at Hotel De Havelet for a long weekend with 5 other girls (all in our twenties). We absolutely loved our stay and could not fault the hotel on anything. The staff couldn't have been more charming and helpful, the food in the hotel's restaurant The Wellington Boot was 5*, especially the breakfasts, we couldn't help but have at least a 3 course breakfast because everything was so delicious. Furthermore the views were fantastic both over the harbour and out over the tropical garden. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a room over the tropical garden with two large palm trees outside the window, the room was cl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the service, food and facilities which we provide. I have passed your lovely comments unto the staff and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the De Havelet in Guernsey at the weekend and had a wonderful time once again!
We try to do this when we can depending on availability.
Even though we live locally it is nice to treat yourself to an overnight stay to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the De Havelet.
From the moment you arrive you are met with friendly helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble.
We went with friend’s to celebrate my husbands birthday and had a swim in the wonderful pool, relaxed in the Jacuzzi, drank lovely wine and ate fabulous food from the Gourmet Menu.
The breakfast we had was equally as good with lots of choice.
I would recommend De Havelet for holiday makers or for locals looking for a quiet retreat, an escape from everyday worries, even if you have no worries treat yourself let someone else take care of you for a change.
The staff are so friendly and attentive making you feel welcome from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave.
We will definitely go back again!

Room Tip: room 10 opens up onto a courtyard garden so you do go outside to get to it but that was fine and we...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, it is always nice to read that our local guests enjoy spending time and enjoying our facilities. I have passed your kind comments on to all the staff and I am happy to hear that you would recommend us to others. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has 3 great restaurant options for meals and they are all very high quality. The staff are so nice it is lovely to walk in and have a bar meal after a busy day exploring Herm, Sark or Guernsey. If like us you want a bit more fancy for your wedding anniversary they have that covered the food and great cocktails are just what we wanted.
The pool and jacuzzi are great we used it at the end of our day before dinner so relaxing and such a nice area.
The hotel is very clean in all areas and our soom was great.
The location is up a hill that took me 7 minutes to walk up but I am not fit and use a stick to walk but as the holiday went by it got easier to get up. If you just can't face it a taxi is about £5.00 from the town center & they also have a hotel bus that runs a few times a day apart from Sunday. We had the best 6 nights and I would go there again anytime it was lovely.

Room Tip: Room 9 is great large & very quiet also near the pool perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the food and facilities which we provide. I have passed your kind comments unto the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
0.7 km away
Duke of Normandie Hotel
Duke of Normandie Hotel
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!