“A real taste of France”

The Corner Bistro
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Braunton
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Le bistro du Coin / The Corner Bistro is a relaxed and genuine French restaurant aiming at serving quality local products with a french twist. Now Boasting a Garden for drinks and nibbles. we cater for vegetarians and vegans upon request.
Reviewed February 28, 2017

We owned a house in the south of France for many years and nearby us readily available were many fine traditional French restaurants, we miss our house, but more partially the food. But now we are ensconced in North Devon we have had to accept that this was just a fond memory. Until last Friday when some friends from Braunton invited us to join them (thanks Malcolm &Silvia) for dinner, what a treat if you can muster up around £100 for three courses with Brauntons own real ale and a couple of glasses of fine wine then do, you will not be disappointed. I had broken my arm so eating is not easy but the owners appreciated my predicament an cut up the very fine steak in to bite size pieces. My reference to the Foie gras as pate was strongly rebuked and indeed what I ate was as good as it gets. They however refused to cut the crème Brule for me!

7  Thank John L

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

First time visitors to Le Bistro, although only living in Barnstaple, we were blown away by this place. Friendly French family welcome you to their secret cave and spoil you rotten with the best, most authentic French cuisine this side of Paris. At times it was difficult to remember we were in North Devon so great was the ambience and authentic French feel of this venue. We will return!!!

3  Thank FeedingH
Reviewed February 15, 2017

I celebrated my birthday here with 23 of my nearest and dearest. Despite the challenge of serving up 24 meals at the same time we were served knock out food in great timing. All 3 courses were amazing, the best restaurant food I have eaten in Devon ever and Jacques and Beatrice were amazing hosts, executing a perfect night. A big Merci!

4  Thank MiniTina
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

My 3rd time and still impressed by the warm, friendly atmosphere and the fantastic food cooked so well.
A friend was under doctor's orders to avoid dairy & animal products so Le Chef took it as a challenge and created a 3 course meal just for him which was lovely. Love this place - will return ASAP.

3  Thank Amylovescats
Reviewed January 18, 2017

Reading the menu stuck to the window of this restaurant during its transformation
form The Corner Bistro to Bistro du Coin, my excitement was palpable! In France
over many years, we had searched as a family for the sort of food this described; Oysters, fresh local and unadulterated, Confit du canard on a bed of lentils, Steak au poivre with frites. It used to be that every village or town square had just such a restaurant where the food was excellent and the ambiance excitable! Jacques and Beatrice run just this sort of place with the help of their family. It is lively, always crowded, fun and never fails to please on the culinary front. Menus change, but the quality of food is always fabulous. French cuisine at its best, simple, unadulterated but packed with flavours and styles that take me back to the good old days in France. In its early days, an old and beautiful table football resided at the back of the restaurant, even more authentic and even more fun between courses! So glad this place is our local but wish you could do something about the food in France Jacques!

2  Thank Spreacombelady