“Best burgers around!”

On the rocks Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #33 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Description: On The Rocks Smokehouse & Grill is proud to bring you fresh local produce, which has been jam packed with smokey flavours. We are smoking and slow cooking our dry aged and free range meats and fresh Brixham seafood in our American style wood pellet fired smoker. Then we will be cooking on open flames in our charcoal and wood burning BBQ Pit. All of this to give our food the best BBQ flavour.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

It was such a pleasant surprise on a return visit to Brixham to find a decent grill restaurant - and it didnt disappoint!
We received a really friendly welcome on arrival and were shown promptly to our table. Our server had a really nice manner and the restaurant had a really nice, informal atmosphere.
We all decided on a burger - my wife choosing the vegetarian option (five bean burger), our son went for the chargrilled chicken burger and I plumbed for the chargrilled beef burger.
The food arrived promptly and every burger was fabulous! Hot, tasty and accompanied with such a delicious sauce - delicious!!!!!
And so to the dessert - a Candy Floss Knicker Bocker Glory - and it was sensational too!
Overall - this restaurant really hit the mark with both service and food quality. The menu isnt pages long but its all fresh, tasty and piping hot - and there is enough variety to suit all tastes - and at a reasonable price
I cant recommend this place highly enough in both its welcome, atmosphere, efficiency and food quality. Equally, the theming is really clever and immersive - with copper pipework adorning the ceiling and walls etc
We'll be back there again on our next trip as it really was the best meal we had the whole holiday.

1  Thank Aydeepee

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Staff great. Food just superb with plenty of different dishes to chose from. Location also just brilliant being able to look over the Harbour. Noise level made it difficult to chat with your own table, but sure that will be sorted, as had only just opened.

2  Thank swiss1308
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I've eaten here. I had the burnt ends beef, the rump steak and chocolate brownie with raspberry sorbet. The starter was beautifully presented and was full of colour and flavour, the steak was cooked perfectly again with perfect presentation. The brownie was gorgeous and the raspberry sorbet had a beautiful texture and flavour. The service was excellent, the only criticism is the music was too loud. I look forward to eating here again.

1  Thank Oisin S
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Firstly the restaurant decor is brilliant. They've made a slightly industrial feel to the place with on show pipework and cable trays. It really works well and gives a real distinct ambience which I enjoyed. The lighting was particularly impressive with a great feature in the middle of the restaurant made of copper piping - Great work.

The staff were great. Having read some of the previous reviews I feel like this restaurant has been a victim of one table leaving 4/5 accounts of the same experience, which is a shame. The staff were quick to seat us and take our order, all the while having a good knowledge of the food and menu. There is a good range of wine and craft beers.

The food was lovely. I went with my other half and she had the burnt ends and I had the brisket Mac and Cheese which were both well presented and tasty. I made the bold choice to have double brisket enjoying it as a main aswell. A good piece of meat which, with the bone marrow mash that I have never experienced before, made for a filling and satisfying meal.

We didnt have room for desert so we just enjoyed another drink with a lovely view of Brixham. - If you want a good view I would definitely recommend booking early as the window seats I assume will book up fast!

Will be returning to try the other delights on the menu.

3  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here with family and friends. All enjoyed burgers, squid and beef. The only query was the small portion of ribs, although tasty, our compatriot diner was still hungry.
Good views over inner harbour.
Table water was in place, so drinks were not needed; the cocktail bar next door means an easy meeting place with good choice of alcohol and non alcohol drinks.
Overall, a good experience.

1  Thank fimac121