Open today: 11:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Accomodation okay but nothing special

I stayed two nights at the Inn at either end of a walking holiday on the moor. I was really pleased... read more

Reviewed September 9, 2017
Joanna B
Very good value

Reviewed November 13, 2015
BasilIvybridge
Ivybridge

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 29, 2015

I have lived locally for 30 years and have often visited the Sportsman's. I was also at the quiz and agree wholeheartedly with the previous comments. The quizmaster gave a performance worthy of Bernard Manning in the 1970s, peppered with offensive and racist comments, not to mention the constant vile language. We left early too for this reason and I won't ever go back while he remains the landlord. Disgraceful.

Date of experience: December 2015
4  Thank ScareyPlymouth
Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

My friends and I were advised to go to the pub quiz. The quizmaster made several racist jokes which was apparently fine. When challenged we were labeled terrorist sympathisers. Quite a surreal experience. However if you go there enough you might meet farage so swings and roundabouts. The pints were also more expensive than some of the surrounding pubs.

Date of experience: December 2015
2  Thank benjammmin
Reviewed November 13, 2015

This is a perfect place to visit if you cannot be bothered with cooking an evening meal and also provides adequate tasty pub grub.
The interior surroundings are pseudo Olde World and this suits it well enough.
The menu is very extensive and not at all expensive and most folks will find something on here to eat.
We enjoyed our visit to The Sportsmans Inn and recommend it as a friendly hostillery that will not break your budget.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank BasilIvybridge
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff and nice place to stay during business round Tripp. Try and see how it the place is:-)) only hotel self is 3 star but I think it is regular in UK. Ps they also doing karaoke ;))

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Just got back from another great stay very friendly staff and owner nothing to much trouble for them. Food was great staff on dinning room very attentive so was the bar staff also the cleaners kept us nice and tidy will be coming again soon

Date of experience: August 2015