US$130
Betty Cottles Inn(Graddon Cross)
US$55
  • Restaurant
The Fountain Hotel(Okehampton)
US$94
US$99
Gooseford Farm(Whiddon Down)
US$125
The White Hart Hotel(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
US$43
  • Restaurant
Appledore Park(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
US$15
Pitchup.com
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roomself catering kitchenan adventureclimbing wallen suite family roomconverted railwayold railwayevening mealevery morningperfect basedevon coast to coastgreat stopcar parkhostelloungecyclingfacilities
Reviewed November 3, 2016

I stayed here for four days and enjoyed myself very much. The place is very much family orientated but as a sole traveller I did not feel out of place. The staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable. The food is brilliant if you do not want to self cater. I can strongly recommend the macaroni cheese. The only downside was that there was only one locker in the room so with six people that could cause a problem with securing valuable.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers that nobody snoozes!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Mary S, Marketing Manager at YHA Okehampton, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Many thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the rooms clean, food provided and staff friendly during your visit to YHA Okehampton. We have noted your comments about providing additional lockers for securing valuables and these comments are passed to management and staff for consideration for the winter improvements each year.

Reviewed September 16, 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights, rooms were tiny, there was no space to put our stuff, there was sand in our beds too. As there was sand in my bed, as soon as I got there, I decided to take a shower, the shower that I used was very small and had a strange smell to it, I wasn't even able to change the temperature, it was freezing. Moving on to food, I found egg shell in my scrambled eggs and the bacon was fatty, it barely looked cooked. A member of staff was very rude to me and pretty much ruined my day. Hopefully I'll never have to stay here again.

Room Tip: don't waste your money, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusanRoutley

Many thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have noted your comments about the lack of places to stand your bags and the smell of cleaning materials and these comments are passed to management and staff for consideration for improvements each year.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

We spent 3 days here at over the August bank holiday. We booked the full catered activity break for us our 2 kids (9 and 13) as it was way cheaper than booking everything separately and we thought we'd give the food a go and have a break from busy kitchens and washing up. We were apprehensive about the food as 3 of us are vegetarians and 1 a vegan - but after having a one to one chat with Wendy and the other 2 chefs, they did a excellent and very conscientious job with the food for all of us, we even had a sunday roast! Our family room bathroom was as good as any other YHA, clean and basic, but hot! The windows don't open much at all, so we slept with the door propped open - which was no a problem after lights out at 10.30pm. The centre was quiet, clean and all staff very friendly and helpful.
The activities were excellent fun! We had archery, weseling, gorge running, rock climbing, high and low ropes and bikes for the day. We all, kids and parents, alike thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The activity leaders very brilliant. All in all a thoroughly great break and we'll certainly consider a fully catered, activity holiday at the YHA again.

Room Tip: We had a family room with bathroom, but the shared bathrooms were just across the hall and never busy or dirty.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Thanks to staff, especially restaurant crew for a great stop over on our journey south. Clean, well aired rooms with plenty of space. Slightly tired but perfectly adequate bathrooms.
We ate on site for both dinner and breakfast and were very well fed. The communal kitchen was very well resourced. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2016

This is fair a accommodation. Not all the communal showers and bathrooms are particularly great, some even had a small smell to it. The rooms were not particularly spacious, and a big problem was that there were not many plugs available--there were only two in six bed dorm. This was lower than typical YHA standards.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends