Two Bridges Hotel
US$190
US$151
US$145
The Duke of Tavistock(Tavistock)
US$127
US$123
Travelocity
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Moorland Garden Hotel(Yelverton)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
US$94
Gidleigh Park(Chagford)
US$366
The Dartmoor Lodge(Ashburton)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Bovey Castle Hotel(North Bovey)
US$453
US$421
Agoda.com
1,154 results
All reviewscream teasconesfour poster bedwedding partyhammurder mystery weekendbeefafternoon teawedding receptionmy partnersoupfood was lovelylounge areajail alelovely settingsunday lunchdartmoor national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel had a lovely atmosphere and was very welcoming as were the staff. The food was excellent and the accommodation very comfortable. Highly recommended for people wanting to get away from it all in Dartmoor.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having spent many fantastic breaks at The Two Bridges Hotel I felt I must write a review. My family and I have just returned from an easter break and we had a wonderful time.

Our family stayed in room 10 ‘The Brooklands Room’ which comfortably accommodated our family of 4. Great for any car / racing fans. We have stayed in this room before and it’s my favourite room in the hotel. The bed is comfortable and the room is always immaculate. Maybe an upgrade of an electric power shower is my only suggestion of improvement.

We stayed on a dinner / bed and breakfast basis. The hotel provides an opportunity for fine dining but with a family / child friendly atmosphere. The children’s menu is of high quality. My 4 year old loved the Hake and chips and my 7 year old is obsessed with the sausages.
Highlights of the menu were the Monkfish Pakora, Dartmoor Lamb and Dartmoor Venison. The menu details the suppliers used and they are all local. The ambience of the dining room with its open fire and harpist / pianist playing on some evenings is a delight. Service is always friendly and polite and all of our dietary needs and requirements were catered for with no fuss.

Breakfast is fresh and varied. I had the smoked haddock on my last morning and it was fabulous. I also love their homemade granola.

The location is perfect for those who enjoy a walk. We used a local guide called Tim Ferry ( his company Dartmoor Walk guide can be found on Facebook ) and he has some links with the hotel. He was fantastic. He took us onto Staple Tor and taught us much about the land scape. I recommend him to those who maybe want to explore the moors but don’t quite know where to start!

The hotel has two lounges with open fires to sit and relax / talk / walk / drink and is dog friendly. Dogs have their own welcome pack with is a great little extra.

Staff are extremely polite and accommodating. They make you feel like nothing is too much trouble.

The cream tea is to die for make sure you try one.

A wonderful hotel in a wonderful part of the world. It will remain a place I’ll want to return to again and again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic place for a weekend break. Beautifully wrapped doggy gifts of bowl, ball, biscuits and bone ,beautiful setting, cosy warm beautiful rooms, friendly staff. The food was delicious. Recommend the Tasting Menu. Lamb stunning and so much flavour in bite sized pieces. The flavoured butters and breads were so moorish. Wow what a warm and cosy and delicious country retreat. Sshhh keep it to yourself

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jared_TwoB, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving your kind words following your recent stay with us. I am glad that you feel your four legged companion was well looked after; and you enjoyed the food of course!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A nice hotel, welcoming log fires and comfy lounge area.The staff were friendly, helpful and happy to help nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic, nice choices and well presented. The complimentary bread board with home made butter was a lovely touch. The live music in the dining room was pleasant and not intrusive The room was comfortable, clean and warm Overall a fantastic experience highly recommended and will definitely visit again

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jared_TwoB, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend away with us, thank you for your recommendation, it is very much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

General manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only wanted a nice hotel that was dog friendly for the night...
if your dog is well controlled or even just friendly then look no further.

This place as well as being ideal for a stay, is one of the most dog friendly places I have ever stayed at..

Your pooch will be welcome with a treat or two. Your pooch is welcome in the bar and breakfast area so eating with you not problem..

If you want a great Dartmoor Hotel, great beer, spectacular food, nice and comfortable rooms, easy reach of walks and good value. Stop reading this review and book yourself in.

Already booked my next trip this time for a few more days not a stop over...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Fantastic to hear such a glowing review, we enjoy welcoming our four legged friends; with so many walks from the hotel its a great holiday for them!

I'm glad your pooch enjoyed the treats, we will make sure there are some ready for your next visit.