Review Highlights
2 hour Canter across the Moor

Best ride out I’ve ever had. Stunning views despite the mist with great local knowledge from our... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Becky H
via mobile
2hrs Hacking out on Dartmoor - Amazing

Shilstone Rocks riding school and horse adventures, I booked a 2hr riding session as a early... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Smiler996
North Yorkshire
via mobile

All reviews my daughter horse riding hour hack fantastic experience wild ponies morning ride great guide beautiful scenery staff were really friendly two hours see you next year the pub rain yard girls canter pony
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our first ride out together. My husband had never sat on a horse before, but was perfectly taken care of, given great instruction and put on a lovely horse that calmly followed the route and behaved very well!
The weather was a little foggy to say the least, the lovely guide pointed out the general direction in which beautiful views could be found, hehe! But the mist across the moors was very atmospheric and we spotted a few wild ponies and foals amongst the heather and old stone walls.
All in all, a fantastic experience!

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

What a find and two fantastic afternoon rides thoroughly enjoyed by both Mum and 7 yr old daughter. Ponies picked for you by ability and really liked that they watched us ride in the ménage before setting off to make sure we were happy and actually could trot etc. All the ponies looked happy and in great condition and a well organised yard. Staff efficient but very friendly and very happy to chat. Stunning scenery up on the Moor - a 2 hr trek is well worth it. My 7 yr old loved 'Charlie' her Dartmoor pony and was well looked after by our guide, and after her first ever trek had had such a good time we booked again for the next day. Even better the 2nd time out! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Rode with my 9 year old son. Both of us are inexperienced riders and this couldn't have been better. Stunning scenery and great weather certainly helped the enjoyment, however the staff, care and horses at Shilstone have all been great.
Cannot recommend it enough

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

My niece and wife had a great time riding in the moors. Lively horses that had nice canters. Didn't fall off.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We had a very enjoyable ride on the beautiful moorland, very well behaved ponies lovely friendly staff at a reasonable price, We will be back!