“Great day ”
Review of Shilstone Rocks

Shilstone Rocks
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Staff were superb. Very safe and informative with info about the horses, how to ride for beginners and about the area.

Well worth a visit.

"morning ride"
"great guide"
"beautiful scenery"
in 2 reviews
"staff were really friendly"
"two hours"
"girls"
"canter"
"pony"

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I took my daughter for a beginners riding session which in total lasted approx 90 minutes. From arrival staff were really friendly helping my daughter with kit fitting + hire.

She said the ride was excellent with amazing views and that more importantly the instructor was attentive and helped with the groups varying riding skills.

Great value and 100%worth visiting - we traveled for over an hour based on recommendations and weren't disappointed..

1  Thank JayBee1239
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our first ride out together. My husband had never sat on a horse before, but was perfectly taken care of, given great instruction and put on a lovely horse that calmly followed the route and behaved very well!
The weather was a little foggy to say the least, the lovely guide pointed out the general direction in which beautiful views could be found, hehe! But the mist across the moors was very atmospheric and we spotted a few wild ponies and foals amongst the heather and old stone walls.
All in all, a fantastic experience!

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

What a find and two fantastic afternoon rides thoroughly enjoyed by both Mum and 7 yr old daughter. Ponies picked for you by ability and really liked that they watched us ride in the ménage before setting off to make sure we were happy and actually could trot etc. All the ponies looked happy and in great condition and a well organised yard. Staff efficient but very friendly and very happy to chat. Stunning scenery up on the Moor - a 2 hr trek is well worth it. My 7 yr old loved 'Charlie' her Dartmoor pony and was well looked after by our guide, and after her first ever trek had had such a good time we booked again for the next day. Even better the 2nd time out! Highly recommended!