“Birthday Meal Out”

Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Dawlish
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gurkha restaurant is the only Nepalese and Indian restaurant in Dawlish that provides delicious Nepalese and Indian food to the locals and tourists.The restaurant also does a takeout and delivery service.There is a 10% discount on collection orders only.Please look at our website for an exhaustive menu.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Very pleasant evening, good staff who are helpful and easy going.
Curries were tasty and well presented but I have a problem establishing the right level of spice to suit my personal taste. I would have chosen something with, or asked for, a bit more spice. Must learn to talk with the experts in future!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The staff were very pleasant. But the food has far far too many onions in both starter snd main dishes....

1  Thank Georgina W
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Went there quite recently and as usual had an excellent meal, staff very friendly and service OK. Butter chicken was as usual creamy with good quality chicken and a good balance of spices. BUT I won't be returning despite living within a mile as I noticed that nearly all the dishes had gone up in price between 15-20% since our last visit just before Christmas. I visit London where I have relatives and I paid less in London than what I did in Dawlish the other night for the same menu. The last time I looked my salary isn't a London salary so why should I pay inner London prices in a seaside town like Devon.Its a pity that greed has set in as apart from tourists locals like myself will move over to other better value restaurants

1  Thank Jon R
Reviewed January 12, 2018

The menu was different because of the addition of Nepalese food. Food really was nice, the people we were with are vegetarian and there was a lot of choice for all of us. The service was OK but a bit slow. This is somewhere for special occasions as I felt the price was high.

1  Thank Mellody66
Reviewed December 18, 2017

We visited here for the 3rd time recently and it didn't disappoint yet again even though the restaurant was packed out with Christmas party diners. The staff were rushed off their feet but still delivered their service with a smile and we weren't worried about a slightly longer wait than usual for our meals. It's so nice to have some different Nepalese options on the menu apart from the usual Indian dishes. Definitely the best Indian restaurant we have found in the area and are looking forward to our next meal there.