“Fab location and excellent food.”
Review of Anchor Stone Cafe

Anchor Stone Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dittisham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Beautifully situated on the waterfront. Despite this the food was excellent. I say this as often the food can go south on waterfront locations when the owners don't have to try. This is an exception. Furthermore the menu isn't too long, so the food does not suffer. I had the best Caesar salad since returning to the UK from Aotearoa New Zealand in April.
Great seafood menu, beautifully cooked and presented. We shall be back.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Visited today for lunch and had outstanding bisque followed by excellent local mussels cooked in cider. The sun was out, the view was spectacular and the service was good. Really good lunch thanks guys !

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Love this place, we have been visiting for years! Everything on the menu is always so fresh! My normal order is the calamari which is really good and a massive portion. Everyone in my party had something different, and no one had any complaints everything was good from the burger to the fish and chips. Finally i had the GF chocolate brownie and ice cream for dessert and i would go as far as saying it is the best ever brownie i have had!! I would 100% recommend this place. I would also turn up earlier than you want to eat as they are always very busy.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely idyllic setting on the River Dart in the unspoilt village of Dittisham and reached by a lovely wooden ferry. My husband and I shared a simple and delicious crab sandwich and perhaps the most delicious mussels I have ever eaten -plump, flavoursome and perfectly cooked. My daughter had the fish and chips, which was really well cooked and an enormous serving. Lovely local beer to match. Friendly service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

The location of the cafe is fabulous and this is reflected by the premium prices for food served to us, which was good. Two downsides however. Bottles of Salcombe beer were seen to be kept in the chiller at 5 degrees C, which spoilt the beer served. The gents WC was poor with the plunging button missing from top of cistern of the single loo! Not what one expects to see in a cafe with 'posh' prices.

1  Thank Richard R