“Great food, shame about some of the staff”

Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Mortehoe
Price range: US$21 - US$67
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We do our best to ensure your visit will be both enjoyable and memorable - whether it's a formal dinner in our table d'hote restaurant or passing through for lunch in our popular bistro. You and your family will be most welcome. Afternoon teas served all day. Dramatic sea views and sunsets can be viewed from both restaurants, Locally sourced seasonal foods mainly on our doorstep. 2 AA rosette awarded.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We popped in one evening on the off chance there was a free table and we were lucky enough to get a table in the Bistro, the young man was courteous and knowledgable of the menu and our evening meal felt very welcoming.....however

When we made our way to the bar upon arrival and was pointed in the direction of the "restaurant manager" she was very rude and quite condescending which nearly put us off, we weren't exactly dressed for the occasion as we'd been walking but after the rough start we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening after great service, I had the cod and my husband had a burger, both lovely but my cod was so big I couldn't finish it but was delicious nonetheless, we may return again for more stunning views and a coffee one day

General M, Front Office Manager at Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your meal in our Bistro and that your waiter provided great service. I am extremely sorry to read about your initial greeting and offer my sincere apologies. We too hope you return to the Watersmeet in the future to enjoy a warm welcome and coffee accompanied with stunning sea views.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I only stayed one night, just passing through,the room was just as I hoped and so were the beds. I would go there again!

General M, Front Office Manager at Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your one night stay and found it very comfortable! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Watersmeet.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Very good food served in a lovely restaurant with exceptional views. (You could eat outside on the terrace.) We ate in the bistro - but the views in the main restaurant were even better. (Not open for lunch though.)
The food was very good, but I thought a little old fashioned. Best courses for us were the fishcake, the sea trout and the pear tart.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your lunch in the Bistro. Perhaps next time we could tempt you back for dinner in our Pavilion Restaurant in order to enjoy the views!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Seventh visit to this fabulous restaurant , a definite 5 star plus evening. All the staff we had contact with were friendly and professional, when I booked a week in advance I asked for a window table as these all have incredible views of the ocean and rocks below. We were not disappointed , we chose an excellent white Rioja to accompany our food, a complimentary Amuse bouche was followed by monkfish with pigs cheeks, fennel and a delightful reduction which was fabulous. My wife chose a perfectly cooked Sea bass fillet with a seafood broth , whilst I opted for belly of pork, black pudding and another delightful reduction. Two equally superb deserts plus coffee and a glass of excellent muscat completed yet another perfect meal at the Watersmeet. At £148.00 this is not a cheap night out, but has often been said "you get what you pay for". Back next year for sure.

General M, Front Office Manager at Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for visiting the Pavilion Restaurant on the seventh occasion! We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us yet again. Thank you for your high praise of the dishes enjoyed. This is always so encouraging as our team of chefs work incredibly hard to produce the high standards of food you enjoyed. Your choice of white Rioja does sounds perfect. Thank you for your compliments towards our front of house team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Watersmeet for the eighth time next year for more fine dining food and fine sea views.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Our second visit to Watersmeet and stayed just one night whilst walking the south west coast path. Had dinner in the main restaurant which was lovely. Ham hock and foie gras terrine was just the right size and amazing flavour, the sea bass perfectly cooked with crispy skin and a super broth. Really good value for a two rosette restaurant.
Every staff member greeted us, whatever time of day and I have to say a big thank you to Anya on reception who help me find a physio on a Saturday morning - not easy!
A perfect place.

General M, Front Office Manager at Watersmeet Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for visiting the Watersmeet on a second occasion. We really are in a perfect position for those walking the South West coastal path. Thank you for your high praise towards your meal in our Pavilion Restaurant - it is always encouraging to read! We are pleased that you found our team friendly and in particular that Ania went the extra mile for you. We hope to welcome you back to the Watersmeet on your next visit to the area.