“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

When my friend suggested we meet here I was sort of doubtful. Such a name in Tiverton. Was it ironic or trying to be clever? So I did not know what to expect and so the discovery of this great place with super staff and excellent food was - well a complete joy. We ate very well with a splendid soup followed by a quiche and salad. Just first rate - perhaps I should review my ideas about Tiverton. It was so good in fact and so unfussy that I hadn’t noticed we had been there for almost four hours without the “would you like to see the pudding menu” etc etc. Yes a rave. I wonder if they might like to move to Bristol?
PS slightly larger wine bottles would be good.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

My wife and myself called in to this cafe a couple of days ago. Very pleasant atmosphere and cheerful staff. The cafe Latte was very good as was the price.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to have lunch in Tiverton today and we’re delighted with our meal at The Flying Pickle. My husband ate the Croque Monsieur while I had the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich on sourdough bread (they give you a choice!). Both were completely delicious and served with a really lovely side salad including pomegranate seeds, radish, coleslaw and spring onions as well as the usual salad ingredients. If we lived locally, this would be a regular place to visit. Top marks Pickle!!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Great deli. Little slow on service but worth the wait. Large portions - the BLT came with a lovely salad.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I popped in here on a rainy Saturday lunch time. Staff were friendly and helpful. We both had the Croque Monsieur hot sandwich.. which was delicious and better than we've had a Cafe Rouge and a couple of other places. Lovely thick slices of ham and great flavour.. shame the sourdough bread had sold out, but the granary did a great job standing in!
The coffee was very good too.. nice and strong! A shared slice of lovely pecan pie rounded things out nicely :-)
Definitely recommend this little gem of an eatery.. do try it!