“Fresh & Tasty”
Review of Penguin Fish

Penguin Fish
Ranked #22 of 85 Restaurants in Tiverton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always really lovely fresh and tasty fish and chips from here - they never make too much so it’s always hot. The batter is lovely too - highly recommend here

Reviewed 31 January 2018

My husband picked up fish and chips for himself and savaloy and chips for me. After a long journey travelling back to Devon I was looking forward to not having to cook. The previous reviews were so good I thought this would be our best choice. Oh! Boy was I wrong. My chips were hard and under cooked so most of them got thrown away and the savaloy was o.k. until I got half way through it. It started to taste very strange, then I realized what I was tasting - it was soap/hand cleaner. It's nice to know that they have a clean establishment but this was going a bit too far. Sorry but on this occasion you haven't convinced this customer to come back soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Not a UK resident any more I decided to show my Thai son fish and chips, this was rated as the best not only here but by Tivvy residents so we tried it. Nothing to fault on the food and the service & happy to see recyclable & biodegradable packaging in use throughout.

Of course nothing beats the old newspaper wrapping but understand that can no longer be done.

Recommended!

Given the questions asked below ought to point out that it is a takeaway, don't come to sit down (but, in the daytime there will be seats down by the river Lowman).

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After reading the reviews about this fish & chip shop while on a visit to Tiverton we thought we would try it, neither of us were impressed with the fish & chips

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Penguin fish bar is a take away only fish and chip shop, and in my opinion it's the best in tiverton, if it's a nice day you can sit on the benches across the road by the river. They also do a kid's meal which includes a drink and a toy.
Good value and great quality.
Would definitely recommend.