“I'd rather eat mud!!!”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I am apauled by this place.. upon entering it was very warm and cosy, fire burning, looked like a place we wanted to spend the evening for dinner, few drinks and to unwind before we head back to London.. could of done with some music to create an atmosphere instead of listening to the bar staff's conversations.. but let me tell you, I would rather eat dirt than eat here again! The staff were not exactly friendly, I asked the lady, who couldnt crack a smile, behind the bar what rosé they had and before she could answer, the "chef" abruptly interrupted taking my order and assumed I wanted a large glass, because "women love them large" apparently! Once seated, we order our food, including a kids meal for our 16 month old and I couldn't of been more disgusted if I tried. I ordered the pasta bolognese for my son, if "a la ping" is your thing then this is the place for you! The pasta was not cooked properly and had been reheated in the microwave causing it to stick together, I wouldn't of fed it to a dog! So that was sent back and replaced with fish fingers and chips, which was all deep fried and rather greasy. My partner ordered the classic/plain burger.. very gritty and fatty patties served with greasy chips, and I had the lasagne, again undercooked, microwaved pasta throughout! We came to Honiton to look for wedding venues and places for guests to stay yet this place has put us off staying round this way again. We're supposed to be travelling home today yet my partner has been throwing up since 5am!! Avoid like the plague.. would NEVER return here!!!

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Staying in a nearby hotel, I popped in to The White Hart Inn for an evening meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I settled on the choice of cottage pie with veg and chips. The cottage pie was delicious and the chips were some of the best I have enjoyed. All were piping hot and very tastey.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

We ate here for two evenings while staying nearby, which says a lot really as we don't usually like to go to the same place on consecutive evenings.

The food was good - pubby but a reasonable choice, well-coooked and served hot. I would particularly recommend the whitebait and chicken burger (actually a chicken fillet rather than minced up and processed).

Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We stopped off at the White Hart for some food on the journey back from Cornwall. The food was simple pub food but very tasty and nicely presented. Very welcoming and friendly staff.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We went in for some dinner, was greeted with a friendly atmosphere and lovely staff. Food was amazing and the price was amazing for what was on the plate. Certainly go back again. Thank you for an enjoyable first time visit. Wifey and family.