“Amazing steak.”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We had 2 really lovely meals here on a short break to Woolacombe. The steaks were particularly wonderful. There is a welcoming atmosphere and they were very good with the children. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Eaten here a few times and really 3njoy the whole experience. Food is very good with an excellent selection of mains. Had the chicken, beef shin and cod and chips. Will be back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Sitting in the sun drinking at this bar is as good as it gets. The view and comfort is first class with a good range of food.

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this place whilst on holiday and we are so glad we did.
I had the ploughman's and my wife had the club sandwich, the ploughman's was one of the best I have ever tasted and was massive with 3 large slices of brown bread, ham, cheese, pickles, olives, coleslaw, gherkins and salad. The club sandwich was equally as good, the wife really enjoyed it and the management made sure it was all dairy free for her.
Excellent value for money and lovely views
We will definitely pay another visit to The Tides Inn when next in woolacombe.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This had been our favourite pub restaurant in Woolacombe. So we booked a table having decided to order a fish platter from the specials board. The platter was advertised for 2 at £49 and said to include crab, lobster, smoked salmon, prawns, mussels and oysters. The 4 of us decided to order a starter and dessert each, and to share a fish platter with 2 sides of French fries. Starters were good, and wine excellent value. Service was good. The fish platter arrived. I realised there was no crab, so queried this with the management: I was told that the crabs supplied that day were "off" so the chef had added extra prawns etc. The platter had a large pile of mussels where we assumed the crab should be: I was not happy that this was not mentioned at the time of placing the order, as we were looking forward to the crab; I also said that the price should be reduced if no crab was included, which the management agreed to do. We then began to eat; 2 of the 4 oysters tasted as if they were not very fresh, with an odd texture (2 different people ate them and we both wished we hadn't, I was later sick). Also, the lobster tail meat was so tough it was almost woody. The management very quickly agreed to take our whole main course off the bill, which was absolutely appropriate. The desserts were okay.
We had a bad experience today, which was a real shame. My concern is the quality of shell fish. But management did exactly the right thing. We would probably visit again when next in Woolacombe, but would not choose any shellfish dishes.