“World Cup Marathon”

The Jube
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Woolacombe
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of the amazing village of Woolacombe, The Jube is a real hidden gem. The pub itself is an ideal location to eat locally sourced delicious food and to find an amazing selection of wines, spirits, craft ales and beers, within beautiful surroundings. The Jube has been recently renovated to an exceptionally high standard. It displays real village pub charm with exposed brickwork and old timbers complemented by a running contemporary bar finish. The Jube is a must visit destination in North Devon’s Woolacombe. We are open all day, everyday, so you can join us for a coffee, quiet beer or hearty gourmet burger from the kitchen. Whatever the occasion we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Jube for the Wednesday Croatian match and took their advice to get there early. We had a brilliant spot and despite the huge numbers we had the best burger meal I have ever had, (suggestion to management, please add a naked burger option). The sweet potato fries option was a good choice and the wine was reasonably priced. The staff coped extremely well with the numbers, we invited a couple of our age to share our table which added to the evening.
The only downside was witnessing one unsavoury thug behave appalling in front of his young son and partner, thumping walls and furniture and using disgraceful language. I am not a prude but he should have been asked to leave.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the Jube whilst staying in woolacombe. It had a really cool vibe and a great selection of food. Loved the chilli chicken and the Halloumi! By far the best place we went for drinks and we went back most days. If you’re looking for a bite to eat and a great selection of drinks then the Jube is a must visit! We will be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Woolacombe on a weekend away and were recommended the Jube by other holiday makers we met. Well, what can I say, this place did not disappoint. The interior decor is stunning and the vibe is friendly, relaxed, and very cool. We will be returning to the Jube and I would recommend this pub to anyone visiting the area. Amazing.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I found a bit of plastic at the bottom of my salad half way through finishing my meal (tex mex chilli). I complained to a member of staff who referred me to who I assume was the manager. I explained the situation again, to which she responded, it looks like it came from a biscuit packet! She apologised and took the plate into the kitchen. I was offered another meal however, I lost my appetite and nothing else was offered. Not only was I not given a refund, I felt like the blame was on me and that they thought I put the plastic in there! Such a shame as the food was lovely and we would have visited again during our trip to Woolacombe.

Jayjay7474, Owner at The Jube, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi we are extremely sorry about your bad experience not only for the plastic but also not dealing with the situation as well as we could of , It was not meant to leave you feeling it was your fault as we are completely to blame!!
Please except our sincere apologies and let us offer you and whom ever your on your trip with complimentary meals and drinks :) We hope we can redeem our selves.
If you just ask for Jason or Katy they will insure you have a lovely meal and experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

This was the first time we visited since The Jube was redecorated, and what a fabulous surprise. The decor is just fantastic, very tastefully done, no expense has been spared in renovating this pub. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, a good choice if drinks on the pumps and a very nice Sauvignon blanc. We ate tapas, 3 for £16, which were delicious, however, the portions are huge, the next time we visited I had one tapas for my main meal. Lovely outside courtyard. I highly recommend a visit.