“Good food nice staff”

The Beach House
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Woolacombe
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Beach House is becoming a much sought-after destination for local and international travelers looking for the perfect place for relaxing, wellness, sunshine, surfing, walking, great food and unparalleled majestic sunsets over Lundy Island. Located in North Devon, Woolacombe is known for its raw untouched coastline and as the ultimate all year round surf and walking destination, Eddy's is the perfect place to call home. During the long summer days when the area is thriving with beach lovers, walkers and surfers, The Beach House creates a resting ground to find calm within a sense of community. Located right in the center of the village, The Beach House is an ideal base for surfers, walkers, beach and countryside lovers. From here you can wander on our blue flag 3 mile long beach, discover the Exmoor wild ponies up the hill, walk the stunning coastal path or even set sail for Lundy Island. With its timeless character and true bohemian sophistication, The Beach House has paid meticulous attention to every detail, presenting an ambience that parallels the easy, dream-like quality of Woolacombe and its locals. "At The Beach House we are committed to supporting suppliers which embrace sustainable production practices, particularly those focused on rare breed and 'forgotten' varietals. The vast majority of our raw produce is British and local to our kitchens. Our fish is from local waters, caught sustainably from day boats which ensures that our fish and seafood is often less than twenty four hours out of the water. Where we do have to purchase produce from outside the UK, we try our best to source sustainably produced ingredients from small suppliers ."
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We came here to watch the England match on Saturday, had a good atmosphere, staff were all nice.

I had chicken burger with advocado and blue cheese, was ver nice -hubby had a beef one with cheese and jalapenos.

Opening times were a bit erratice, there was no signage and a couple of times we had wanted to try it but was closed.

Had we been staying longer, we would definitely have gone back for food or just drinks

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Nice salad, but particularly expensive for a light lunch with quite a wait. Wasn’t keen to sit on high stools. Friendly staff

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Went here as part of my Hen celebrations after cantering along Woolacombe beach. We were an hour early but they seated us straight away and were very friendly and helpful advising us of the items they did not have on the menu due to non delivery. My friend and her daughter opted for the mussels which they both enjoyed, there was a rack of ribs, 2 burgers and a baguette ordered. All the food arrived promptly and was well cooked. My garlic mayo was a bit more like a dressing as it was very runny and a little overly garliced (it gave me a bit of indegestion if I am honest) and although I ordered sweet potato fries I got normal fries. I am sure they would have changed them had I asked but as my friends don't like me complaining (and they were paying) I didn't say anything. I would definately return here though.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We keep trying this venue on our annual Woolacombe holiday.
Always great personal service.
Always a nice environment to spend the evening.
Always anticipating the crab claws or the mussels or the fresh mackerel, and again none available.
Main menu is fine and wine great but not why we booked so can’t help being disappointed that most of the specials have a red cross next to them.

1  Thank arewethereyet099
Reviewed April 3, 2018

One of the nicest places I've stayed at for a surf trip- the breakfast is great value for money, the facilities for surfers (safes, board rack, drying room etc) are awesome, whole place is kept really clean and tidy, and all the staff couldn't be friendlier!