At the end of the day, it was not a difficult decision to choose Mortons House as the ideal venue to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I had greatly enjoyed both lunch and dinner at the Hotel on three or four occasions in the past and this, coupled with the very warm and enthusiastic welcome we received when making initial enquiries about possible birthday celebrations, left me in no doubt that I had found exactly what I was looking for!
Mortons House is charming. From the lovely Oak Room lounge and the highly individual, sensitively furnished, bedrooms to the peaceful dining room and cosy bar, the Hotel has a truly relaxing and "private country house" feel. My guests occupied all the bedrooms on the night of my party, and this exclusivity was rather magical.
We enjoyed an exceptionally good dinner, the menu having been specially created with enthusiastic input and support from Bev Clayton and her Head Chef. It is clear why Mortons House has achieved the notable - and well deserved - accolade of two AA rosettes. A special thank you to the kitchen team for making Rum Baba for me; a long time favourite!
A lot of hotels are based within historic buildings or are located amidst beautiful surroundings. Many have tastefully furnished and well appointed rooms, often with lots of additional facilities. These many material attributes are, however, often rendered meaningless by the poor attitude and lack of customer care training demonstrated by unsmiling staff. It was, therefore, wonderful to experience the very courteous, helpful and highly professional service delivered by all the Mortons House team at all times. Nothing was too much trouble, and their positive and cheerful "can do" attitude should be an example to all.
I rarely give any hotel or restaurant full marks. However, in the case of Mortons House, I have no hesitation whatsoever in doing do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, England, UK