All reviews paddling pool games field wareham forest friday and saturday night direct access number plate recognition family camping trip on site lovely campsite well maintained and clean toilet and shower facilities great site great pitch fully serviced pitch hard standing great facilities the bank holiday weekend
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Have stayed here many times. The site is very quiet out of high season and surrounded by beautiful forest walks. Toilet blocks are very well maintained and heated and the site is protected by CCTV at the entrance and number plate recognition and is thus very safe. There is also 24 hour warden on duty.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We recently returned from Birchwood having booked for new year the site was well laid out and clean ,the shop is well stocked and the toilets spotless.The staff that I did see were helpfull and friendly even though the weather was shocking nothing seem to fase them the only down side was being bombarded on entry to the shop and not allowed to browse,the lady behind the counter seemed more interested in herself and vaping not very (professional) than giving the service we would expect we did not purchase anything and then returned to our caravan.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

On arrival we found the staff at reception to be warm, welcoming and friendly. Reception is within the small site shop which seemed well stocked although we didn't have need to purchase from there. The site is extremely well laid out and clean. The toilets/showers were immaculate at all times and I'm really fussy! It was a pleasure to go for a shower. I showered each morning (we were there for a week) and never experienced cold water or a dirty room. The showers were turn on and leave on until your done not the touch every thirty seconds job. The location is a little remote if you have walking difficulties or don't have a vehicle but this didn't stop us doing anything.
Only down side - we paid for Wifi but never got a signal or refund :-(

Room tip: All questions were geared towards hotels - this clearly isn't so I've answered with site in mind!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This was our first family camping trip and was going to be make or break for this holiday option... my son (now age 8) and I have camped before but my husband, never... Following our experience at birchwood though he is now converted! The staff were lovely, the grounds spotless, and the facilities were very clean. The Friday night on site BBQ was a godsend following a horrendous bank holiday journey & the shop was great for stocking up on breakfast essentials (& evening wine/cider provisions!) The site was fully booked for the bank holiday weekend and so very busy but on the whole most of the people on site were respectful of night time curfew & early morning chit chat - I do feel confident though that had we had any problems that the staff would have been happy & willing to help us out. The campsite is perfectly placed for family bike rides, local seaside trips & of course Monkey World... Overall it was a fab experience & we would highly recommend this site to anyone. Thank you Birchwood (especially the lovely Lin) for a very happy family holiday!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

First time in a campervan with a view to buy. All at Birchwood couldn't do more. They gave me a great pitch near loos and playground as I took my 6yo grandson. Would definatly visit again and recommend. Lovely people and many thanks to Robbie.

Date of stay: September 2017