“The worst place to eat I have ever visited. DO NOT EAT HERE!”
Review of Gurkha Bar - CLOSED

Gurkha Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Nepalese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I regularly camp near Swanage and have passed the Gurkha many times. It always has signs up advertising 'All you can eat' breakfasts, so we thought this time, we would give it a try. What a mistake.

Put it this way, you know when you sit down at a restaurant table, but are too embarrassed to change your mind and get up and leave? This is how my wife and I felt. The building looks rough from the outside and is an absolute dump inside. The floor was slippery from grease, the décor was filthy, the smell was indescribable and the food, OMG! It was the cheapest muck I have ever eaten.

Do yourselves a favour and give this place a miss!

1  Thank saints1fan

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Popped in over the Easter weekend for a breakfast after walking in Studland - wished we hadn't. It smells of Chinese from the night before, surly lady at the desk, tables chairs and décor had seen better days, in fact seen better furniture at our local tip. Everywhere looked dirty, nearly fell over at the self service breakfast as there was so much grease on the floor. Asked for toast and it was unceremoniously dumped on the table, whole slices and butter already on and soggy. Oh yuk yuk and double yuk - won't be going there ever again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great breakfast and the next day went for lunch and both meals was well worth the money. Will go there again

1  Thank Ray P
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Went here today for all you can eat breakfast, only £4.95 and coffee £1.20. Food nice and plenty of it. Restaurant has a very asian feel but a little tired. Food is cheap so don't expect posh surroundings. All in all, we were happy and will be visiting again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had a 'full English breakfast' here 16th April and it was great! There were a wide range of things to choose from including sausage, eggs and mushrooms; and it was all hot.

Decor in need of a bit of refurbishment however the breakfast was a fantastic price of £4.95, all you can eat. At this price, I wasn't expecting as good as I got. If you want luxury, pay more elsewhere.

Staff made a good effort and toilets were ok.
Would definitely return if wanting a cheap, tasty meal.