“Could do with a spruce up”
Review of Gurkha Bar - CLOSED

Gurkha Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Nepalese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We often visit this restaurant when staying at a camp site near harmans cross, which we visit on a regular basis, but I have to say the gurka is looking very tired now, it really could do with a lick of paint, and redecorating, in fact a complete refit wouldn't go a miss, we visited it on Thursday the 3rd July, the floor was sticky and not very clean, the food was usual standard though, no complaints about that, all you can eat for a reasonable price, I also like the fact that you can see the kitchen, all looks ok, I will continue to use this place, but I do hope they take note and spruce the place up

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have never read such rubbish as written by the last 3 inputs. No doubt from the same group.
Mself, my wife and my close family and friends have dined and eaten at The Gurkha Restaurant at Sandford on many occasions. My daughter who lives in Redditch when visiting always insist we eat at this restaurant. We have never had bad food nor bad service. Alwsys greeted well and treated very well. We certainly make good of the "All you can eat policy". I would recommend The Gurkha to anyone visiting and living near by.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit and it will be my last. From the outside the ghurka looks run down and this theme is followed inside.
The floor throughout was sticky or slippy depending where you stood. This fact alone did not fill me with confidence about the cleanliness of the servery or the kitchen. although this restaurant is an all you can eat both my daughter and I chose not to have a refill. Working within the hospitality trade and knowing the strict procedures followed to ensure a clean and safe cooking and eating environment, I will honestly say I was put off from eating anything else.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I regularly camp near Swanage and have passed the Gurkha many times. It always has signs up advertising 'All you can eat' breakfasts, so we thought this time, we would give it a try. What a mistake.

Put it this way, you know when you sit down at a restaurant table, but are too embarrassed to change your mind and get up and leave? This is how my wife and I felt. The building looks rough from the outside and is an absolute dump inside. The floor was slippery from grease, the décor was filthy, the smell was indescribable and the food, OMG! It was the cheapest muck I have ever eaten.

Do yourselves a favour and give this place a miss!

1  Thank saints1fan
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Popped in over the Easter weekend for a breakfast after walking in Studland - wished we hadn't. It smells of Chinese from the night before, surly lady at the desk, tables chairs and décor had seen better days, in fact seen better furniture at our local tip. Everywhere looked dirty, nearly fell over at the self service breakfast as there was so much grease on the floor. Asked for toast and it was unceremoniously dumped on the table, whole slices and butter already on and soggy. Oh yuk yuk and double yuk - won't be going there ever again.