“Delicious meal out”

The Dancing Moose Wimborne
Ranked #42 of 113 Restaurants in Wimborne
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I went here for a friend’s birthday meal in a group of 6 people. I’ve only ever been here for breakfast before, (which is amazing btw) so this was my first time having dinner at the dancing moose. I’ve got to say it was fantastic. I ordered the cajun grilled chicken burger. It was one of the tastiest burgers I’ve ever eaten. It came with chips and onion rings too. My friends ordered burgers and commented on how delicious they thought they were as well. As it was my friend’s birthday and we had the table pre booked she got any free dessert of her choice which was a lovely gesture!

We just missed out on happy hour for cocktails which was a shame. Not sure what time it starts but I know that it finishes at 8 and I think it’s on everyday.

Would definitely recommend this place! Especially if you’re a fan of burgers and hotdogs like me as that’s what is mostly on the evening menu. I will be returning for sure! Food and drinks were a little bit pricey but staff were friendly.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Ate at the moose last night and the food was really good. I would say that there does need to be slightly more options for vegetarians though with a veggie sausage option for the hot dogs. The staff were a good laugh and clearly worked hard as the place was full! The delay in the food was made up for by the discount given to us by staff. All in all I'd recommend this place!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

My friend Booked a table here for a birthday meal for 8.30. The table wasnt ready , they had to take other tables to make ours up.when we got seated we couldnt move. They brought us another tables food. Then they brought us burnt nachos and tried to tell us it was paprika back tracted when we said about the burnt cheese. By the time they replaced these everyone else had finished eating. Then my friend asked for desert only to be told the kitchen shut at 9pm. Eventually after some argueing desert was allowed, but alass the waffle was almost frozen and in edible. Then a waiter said to us they we had to pay by 10pm just incase we did a runner how rude. They gave us 15 % off of our bill but to be honest its not the money. Just letting you all know dont go to eat there.

3  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Love the Moose collection of bars.
They’re a great place to socialise and drinks and food reasonably priced.
Great atmosphere and great addition to Wimborne.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Visited here on 19th Feb, it was our second time here for sunday lunch after we dined here a couple if weeks ago and experienced such tasty food and great service we decided to return, And we were not disappointed the Sunday Roast was Beef or Pork Belly we had one of each both served with fresh vegetables beautiful rustic roast potatoes and a huge bowl of fresh Cauliflower Cheese and Enormous Yorkshire Puds. Gravy for the Beef and a different Jug for the Pork. The staff here are so friendly and efficient it makes such a wonderful change to places we have visited in the past. Happy smiles nothing too much trouble. Great experience we will return again now we have found this Gem of a Place.