“Friendly service, but could be more generous.”

Harlees Fish And Chips
Ranked #81 of 113 Restaurants in Wimborne
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Called in for a quick dinner to take away on my way home. Great service, but the portions were small compared with some other local fish and chip shops. Batter on the sausage was very thin, hardly noticeable from a plain sausage..

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Don't normally do reviews or surveys, but sitting here in the car, outside the shop, this is the best fish and chips I've had, and I eat a lot of fish and chips. And they sell this as a small portion of fish and chips!

Not been for about 6 months and what a change, the young guy doing the cooking is friendly, chatty and clearly knows what he's doing. The young man on the tills was knowledgable and even saved me a few quid by putting through a lunch time deal, and even put it in a box as I was eating on the go.

Might have to make this a regular thing, would be worth the trip from Hamworthy.

If I have to find a downside, the sauces are a bit pricey as are the drinks, but on the whole, really good value for money and really really tasty.

1  Thank AndrewD5121
Paradeharlees, Public Relations Manager at Harlees Fish And Chips, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Came in for a “regular” portion of chips for my little boy on the way back from his first nativity as a treat. Firstly 50p extra to pay by card in 2017 is crazy, but ok I was in a rush.
So £2.50 for 20 odd chips is shocking, they weren’t even that nice, more like crisps. God knows what a “cone” looks like!
I’ll be going back to Creekmoor, making the extra journey again in the future.

1  Thank middleton6317
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Staying locally while visiting family and consequently we tend to eat out.
Happened across this chippie on way back to our accommodation and popped in.

Little bit pricey compared to where we live but feel it was worth it and will definitely be going back.

Absolutely loved it, friendly staff and while food is subjective, in my opinion the food was cooked perfectly and best of all not dripping with grease.

Not the fastest service but that’s to be expected, not likely to pre-cook loads of food on a quiet Thursday evening.

Only real negative for me, I wasn’t too impressed with buns.

2  Thank Andy C
Paradeharlees, Operations Manager at Harlees Fish And Chips, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review and 5* rating.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

One woukd think that there is very little one could ever really say about a fish and chip shop..
But I have to say that the food was great, and the service was perfect, and the kids meals are a great treat too as they get a lego toy with each kids meal...
And the kids chicken burger is apparently 'really yummy' according to my daughter...and I have to say I might try one next time.
Great Chips, great service and there is also a loyalty card.. so be sure to come and try out the best place in the area for some good ol fish and chips.. it's what being British is all about..what, what..what.
And I think you can now pre order over the phone...and pay upon collection.
What a great idea.
Fab food and great service guys n gals, well done.

3  Thank JimKHS357
Paradeharlees, Area Manager at Harlees Fish And Chips, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you for your review and 5* rating.