“Quirky Quiche - Awesomely Nice!”

The Squash Court (Deans Court Cafe)
Ranked #35 of 113 Restaurants in Wimborne
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I just love this place... the food is so imaginative... and the team all have 'personality'. It's very multicultural, quaint, quirky, and the quiche (or tarts, if you prefer) are always delicious.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Having visited within the last 6 weeks I suggested lunch here with Mum. Our last lunch had been really impressive, delicious paninis with imaginative fillings, tasty dressed salad with olives etc. However, this time standards were not so high. Our order was taken at the till. Friendly enough. It was explained that they had no crab apple jelly which features in a couple of the Sandwich options and we were offered green tomato chutney instead. No problem. So, we ordered two panini, one with Cheddar and chutney the other with hummus and olives. With one coffee the bill came to just shy of £18.00. I'm never one to complain at the price of eating out if the quality is good and I've enjoyed the experience. So, seated outside in the lovely garden we eagerly awaited our lunch. The Americano was very good. When the paninis arrived they appeared to be a bit on the burned side. Still it all looked nice and we were offered extra dressing for the salad. The salad was ok but it lacked the extras which had made it so good before. No olives. We swapped a half of each panini to try both. The cheese one was lacking in flavour but maybe the burned bread just took over. When I looked at the receipt later I noticed that it stated Brie and crab apple jelly- no wonder the 'Cheddar' wasn't very tasty!

In summary then our visit this time was disappointing. For the price paid the food was distinctly below par. It is also worth mentioning that the cutlery was not clean with food literally stuck to one of the knives. A bit off putting. I really want to like this place as the setting and concept are lovely but I won't be back for a while I'm afraid.

1  Thank BusinessguestDorset
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I brought my sister here, with my two children, thinking she would like it. I was right. We both had panini's which were incredible, and the accompanying salads were gorgeous (the dressing is perfect).The children's offering is a really impressive selection of breads, cheese, ham, crudités etc at great value. The staff really looked after us, getting my daughter a few more crisps when she'd finished hers, for example. It's such a delightful place to sit and eat. My favourite lunch in wimborne.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We visited here on a sunny day, and it was a lovely place to spend time amongst the shabby-chic French surroundings. We only had a coffee, and it has to be said, it was one of the worst cappuccino coffees that we have ever had - imagine a coffee made with over - stewed milk !!
So give the place a try, but have a tea or an Americano, and enjoy the surroundings

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Having eaten here before and been impressed by the experience , we decided to visit again last week. We choose a table outside and placed our order. My husband's meal came first and was served at the same time as another table. Mine was about 5 minutes later and came with our cutlery. So the first meal was sat out in the sun and couldn't be started until the cutlery had arrived. We asked for salt and pepper , which were both empty when given to us . The member of staff didn't seem pleased to be asked to refill what seemed to be the only set they had. The meals themselves were very good but looking at the menu again before we left , we realised that one of them should of had chutney with it but was missing. Too late by then to say anything.
Having said this it is a relaxing place to eat or just have a coffee.