The title is the name of the package we got which was excellent value. It included afternoon tea and B&B for £70. Hard to beat!! We also had a lovely bar meal - scampi and burger - beside the cosy real fire. The old castle section is worth seeing with all the talk of ghosts and history, and the gardens provide a beautiful setting. Staff were universally friendly. So why not a 5-star review? A few things. Car park was small and cramped so we had to park up the street. There is no free wi-fi which is a bit behind the times for a modern hotel. And the afternoon tea service wasn't great - we had to ask for butter, cream and jam to be brought out. All in all, though, minor quibbles. If you get a good deal, don't hesitate for a short break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland