Marlagh Lodge(Ballymena)
1 Bayview(Ballymena)
Glenfield B&B(Ballymena)
Beechtree Manor(Ballymena)
3,985 results
All reviewsthermal villagegillies restauranthot tubgin barriver viewfour seasonsitalian restaurantafternoon teadeluxe roomroom restaurantthermal suitecomplimentary mini baroutdoor jacuzziphantom housecupcakesfrom start to finishturn down service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

During all my stays at the Galgorm I have found it very good with very helpful staff. A special mention for Paul (Doorman), an absolute gentleman and Kevin Chan, Duty Manager who was most helpful in every way.

Room Tip: Always go for a Superior room or better
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms and general lobby area nice, albeit a small check in desk when busy, we had to queue for a long time!
Planned to check out early so that we could use the spa in the morning before leaving, so paid our bill before 10am. Went down to spa by 10.15 to be told that we 'had to be out by 11 anyway' so they wouldn't let us in unless we paid 30 POUNDS EACH. Hugely embarrassing as my American friend visiting me, was only going in there to wait whilst I had a massage treatment. If the girl had shown ANY negotiation I would have paid for her, but it was a black and white message. So she waits in the lobby :(
My massage was in such a noisy room. I was greeted with " oh I thought you were here for the back/facial offer for 50 mins". Nope, never mentioned that. Young girl gave me a very basic massage. When I mentioned the noisy room on paying, the receptionist said ' would you like to talk to someone?'. Eh, yes ... I'm talking to you?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LoopsterLou9

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me at crobb@galgorm.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to galgorm a few times now and every time it never fails to disappoint, the rooms are spotless, the thermal village is everything you need to unwind and this time we got to walk around the serenity garden which we missed on the last visit, which is a lovely new addition, all the staff are always friendly and helpful but by far everytime we have been Maurice the doorman has been absolutely lovely and a pleasure to talk to and so helpful,he even does the postman at the Christmas experience for the kids, which my daughter loved last year when we took her, if their was any criticism to give to the resort as a whole is that the gym is very small and tucked away, if it was bigger with more equipment it would be perfect, and on the way out today we got a glance of the new things to come for galgorm which looked amazing, so we can’t wait to return to see the new additions, thank you so much for a lovely and unforgettable experience always

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic day here with friends to celebrate our big birthdays. Absolutely lovely! Relaxing from the moment we stepped out of the car. The staff were very attentive, the decor was great and the facilities amazing. The view from the sauna transported you into a world of nature and calm. Best spa I’ve ever been to!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating your birthdays and that you took the time to relax and avail of all the facilities that the Resort has to offer.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a disappointing stay at the Galgorm Hotel and spa. We were at the Galgorm for a wedding and were staying for 2 nights. Upon arrival we checked in to our rooms but since they weren’t ready we went to Gillies for lunch. I ordered the salt and chilli squid which was £15 and side order of noodles for £4.50. When I got my meal the squid was the worse I had ever been served. It had freezer burnt marks all over the pieces of chewy over cooked squid. The server asked about our meal and I told her my squid was way over cooked and she offered me something else from the menu so I ordered the salt and chilli chicken. Unfortunately this wasn’t a whole lot better and it was swimming in oil. My noodles which I paid extra for was lukewarm and all broken up. I’ve had better from Chinese takeaways and considering what we paid I would have expected better.

After our meal we went to our room, when we stepped into our room it was roasting. There was a large fan in the room which I turned on but it was so loud I couldn’t leave it on for too long not that when it was on it helped to cool the room. I went to open the window and there was construction work to the building opposite with workmen walking around on scaffolding with direct view into our room. Not exactly the most private at a 4 star hotel! There were quite a few of us staying at the hotel for the 2 nights and we all complained about the heat in the room. I can’t believe that there is no air conditioning in the rooms at a four star hotel since it’s right above a thermal spa. Premier inns have air conditioning! We had 2 nights of the most uncomfortable sleep with the window open not to mention the noise of people coming up and down the hall throughout the early morning.

Since we were here for a wedding we had our young son with us and the family times to use the pool from 9:00-10:00am and 5:30-6:30pm I felt were not family friendly at all. I understand that this is a spa but surely this should have been more thought out when it is used as a wedding venue where no doubt there will be children present.

I had also made the wedding cake for the bride and groom at the wedding and I was shocked to hear the very next day that none of the wedding cake was served since the banqueting manger who apparently cut the cake informed them the cake was raw. This was impossible since our family had been eating the trimmings from the baked cakes before the wedding. When I questioned the banqueting manager about this she told me the cake was raw on the edges and the middle. If you are going to lie about this you should have a think about basic cooking since the edges of anything would be the first to cook. I believe they dropped the cake when they moved it into the kitchen to cut it and came up with this story to avoid compensation of the cake and the wedding. Conveniently the cake was thrown away after being brought back into the kitchen when no one had seen or tasted the finished product.

This has been one of the worse experiences at any hotel I have ever had and cannot ever recommend anyone coming to the Galgorm.

Room Tip: Don't bother it's a waste of your money.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Backcountrygrrl

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. My apologies that your dining experience in Gillies did not meet with your expectations; I am happy to hear that we tried to resolve this issue for you at the time.

Regarding the lack of air conditioning in our guest rooms, this is unfortunately not a possibility from a structural point of view, but we provide a Dyson fan in each guest room to assist guests with temperature management during the brief periods of good weather that we experience.

Our family times in the pool must be overseen by a qualified life guard, for health and safety purposes, this is why we restrict access to two hours daily; one hour in the morning and one in the evening. I am sorry that these hours did not fit in with your schedule.

The issue with the wedding cake was brought to the attention of the bride and groom and all decisions made where made with their full consent, however I understand your disappointment given the hours of preparation which I am sure were involved.