“Pleasantly surprised ”

The Poacher's Pocket
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Comber
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A beautiful country pub and farm shop in Lisbane, near the shores of Strangford Lough. Emphasis on fresh local produce, pub grub classics and seafood from the lough. Michelin recommended 2014 and 2015.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I decided to have dinner at The Poachers Pocket after hearing so many good reviews. We were not disappointed - Our meals were absolutely delicious! The portions were generous and the service was excellent. The only downside for me was that the chairs are very uncomfortable. It’s not enough to put me off returning

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Such a relaxing experience at the Poachers Pocket this afternoon. Drinks in the cosy bar first, then a scrumptious meal in the restaurant. Fab staff too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Prices are increasing but food is not as good as it used to be. Had the chowder which was not great. Hardly any fish and very creamy. Server suggested going large which we did and was very surprised to find that we were charged £14 for a bowl or soup with bread!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Luckily we visited the Poachers' Pocket on the night the new season menu was introduced. The selection of seafood continues to be of the highest quality and will continue to attract regular customers back over and over again.
My wife ordered tempura cod while I sampled a lovely hake dish. Lovely.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy the lunches at Poacher's Pocket and the friendly service.
Our last visit we were shocked to see the lady at the next table manicuring her nails. How does anyone think it is acceptable to file their nails where food is being served.
Apart from this bad experience I would highly recommend the lunches at the Poacher's Pocket and hopefully our next visit we will not encounter this ill mannered lady.

1  Thank EloraBangorian