“A warm welcome and a great place to stay ”
Review of Edenroe

Edenroe
Ranked #2 of 3 Dungiven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I have been doing a walking and touring holiday in County Derry and was in Dungiven for 3 days because of the north Sperrins way and several beautiful ancient churches in the area. From the moment i arrived Margaret and Jim made me feel very welcome. Their home is so lovely, my room was extremely comfortable with all a traveller needs. There was free WiFi and a small fridge outside the room to keep stuff like water or milk in. I don't drive so in the evenings Margaret does request meals for anyone who doesn't drive. You see there's nowhere in Dungiven that does a sit down evening meal only take aways. The closest place is the ponderosa on the glenshane pass. Margarets evening meals are excellent and so is the breakfasts in the morning. I was told places to visit and go to, what pubs to check out too. I found out alot about the local area from jim and Margaret. I was told about all the local myths and legends because of the sculpture trail which is in various places in and around the local area. I plan to come back to the Dungiven area and i know definitely where to come back to.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Margaret was the perfect hostess. She remembered our names. Asked about our visit and if we needed info for the local area. We required a 3 bed room which they had. The room was very spacious and clean. The towels were the softest I have ever felt. The breakfast was full Ulster and my friend didn't want the sausage and asked for an extra egg and she was happy to do it.
The area is very pretty. Be sure to check out the Tirnony dolman 6 miles away.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Edenroe B, Owner at Edenroe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for your review on Edenroe, so pleased that you had a great stay. Your comments and rating are very much appreciated. Kind regards Margaret

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I stayed a week and have only good things to say. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast substantial. I'm a vegetarian and that is no obstacle here.Every day, Margaret made me believe she was delighted to see me, and Jim is equally warm and pleasant. The location is excellent for visiting the region, and there's plenty of parking. There's a small fridge for guests to use, and there's free Wifi. The house is on the main road, but my room was at the front and noise was not a bother. These are genuinely lovely and accommodating people. I unexpectedly had to make a receive a few local calls using their phone, and they were entirely gracious about it. Hopefully, I'll be back in the course of my work next year.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BogCottonCanada
Edenroe B, Owner at Edenroe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Thank you so much for your review on Edenroe. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and awarded our accommodation and service top marks. We strive to make our guests feel very welcome and provide a pleasant stay. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again. Kind regards Margaret & Jim

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We have just left this wonderful bed and breakfast. We stayed for three nights and it's just perfect. Margaret and Jim are so welcoming and lovely. Rooms spotless and breakfast amazing! Best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in! Can't wait to return.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Edenroe B, Owner at Edenroe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Thank you so much for review on Edenroe. We are delighted that you had such a great stay and highly rating our accommodation and service. Your comments are most welcome as we strive to make our guests feel welcome and have a memorable stay. Looking forward to your next visit. Kind regards Margaret & Jim

Reviewed 15 May 2016

A nice family run B&B on the outskirts of Dungiven. My room was very clean, spacious, comfortable and equipped with tea & coffee making facilities. The proprietor was very friendly and helpful, making me feel most welcome on arrival. The breakfasts were excellent, served in a nice breakfast area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris S
Edenroe B, Owner at Edenroe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Thanks Chris for your review on Edenroe. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the accommodation and service provided. Hope to see you again sometime. Kind regards Margaret & Jim

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I received a very warm and friendly welcome from Margaret in a lovely home from home. The whole place is neat, clean and tidy and the double room that I had, although not massive was certainly enough for me. There was a lovely breakfast in the morning to set you up and Margaret does evening meals on request (I would take this up as there did not seem to be a lot of choice in Dungiven). The area is absolutely lovely and well worth a visit but this was a business trip and I was travelling solo. However if I am in the area again for either business or a family trip, this B&B will certainly be getting a repeat visit.

Room Tip: There is some road noise & so would recommend the rooms with the hillside views
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2015

The only thing even a little negative is the B&B is on a main road that is quite busy. Based on e erything else I wouldn stay there again. The breakfast was very good. Margaret listened to what I wanted and made sure it was available.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edenroe B, Owner at Edenroe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2015

Lucille thanks for your review on Edenroe, I am pleased that you had a good stay and would return. We are located on the A6 which is main route between Belfast & Derry so yes the road is quite busy at times. Many visitors find this very convenient. Look forward to your return visit. Kind regards Margaret.

Been to Edenroe? Share your experiences!