“Excellent fish and chips”
Review of The Wee Chippy

The Wee Chippy
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Anstruther
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wee Chippy and Bakehouse Restaurant was named as 'The Best Place in the World to Eat Fish and Chips' in the Observer Food Monthly Magazine. Our Bakehouse Restaurant (just up the lane) serves Teas and Coffees, Homebaking, Snacks and All Meals - including High Teas and Meals from the Chip Shop
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Had a takeaway from this chip shop and have to say it was excellent . Freshly cooked fish with lovely light crispy batter and perfect chips! Only downside was the 20 minute wait !

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Only in for some snack chips but found them eager friendly and the chips were good. Set back a bit so easy to miss. Carry out only I think.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

For me used to be the go to place in Anstruther for fish and chips, not any more. Fish very greasy and service personnel not much better

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I stopped here for fish and chips, well you have to when on a sea front location. My main aim was to visit the award winning Anstruther fish shop but it was just too busy, little did I know at the time this was for the best.
I walked into the shop and there wasn't any sign of anything ready and I assumed they were closing, but the guy behind the counter informed me that everything was cooked to order.
I had to wait ten minutes but it was well worth the wait, unlike my local chippy where everything is cooked on mass at least 30 minutes prior to you ordering it. The fish and chips were piping hot . Two fish and a load of chips, far too much for one person, but delicious and very filling.
They have seating outside which is a bonus on a warm summer's evening. The cost £6.40, my local costs £5.60. So in a tourist area and to have it freshly cooked an extra 80 pence is well worth the price.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We went in at about 2.30 and two lads were behind the counter but no customers. We ordered and waited for the fish and chips to be cooked? The chips were not hot and had obviously been reheated but the fish was very hot and freshly cooked. Took the chips back and they gave us another lot, agreeing the first lot were cold. The second lot were inedible. Having said that we thought it was not the best fish supper we had tasted the fryer apologised but the counter assistant said "your dogs enjoyed it". They did take any bits we gave them but what dogs wouldn't!