“Fabulous Meal!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Anstruther
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small unique Scottish Restaurant tucked away just off the main street in Anstruther. A historic little restaurant in the heart of the East Neuk. Was once used as a store by fishermen for there fishing nets. And also used as a smokehouse and cooperage. It was converted into a Restaurant over 40 years ago, and is now owned by local Chef Billy Boyter and his family. The Restaurant also has a small bar selling locally produced beer and a good selection of Scottish Gins and Whiskies.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our dinner from start to finish was a treat both visually and for the taste buds. Very small restaurant so recommend booking. Tasting menu with two courses offering choices. Lovely attentive staff and the whole evenings food served at a perfect pace. Loved our evening and hope to return to feast on delicious food beautifully presented. Perfect! Recommend!

3  Thank ajkedar
There are newer reviews for Cellar

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'd read about this restaurant on Trip and read the reviews and thought I would book it for a treat on our summer holiday. I did call before hand to see if we could bring our six year old child and the said it would be fine for lunch. When we arrived staff were very friendly and helpful. we chose from the menu, there never rushed us ( as some restaurants do sometimes when you are with children. The food was amazing, interesting and full of flavour. The waitress explained each course to all of us. my husband and I thought our daughter would not it (hoping I think) but she tried everything and enjoy trying new flavours. it was a great experience. I wish I had had the wine matching to go with it.

2  Thank nic d
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Revisited a year after my last rapturous review. It's still just as good! Meticulously prepared dishes that really open your eyes to the skill involved in creating and combining striking flavours.
Friendly, relaxed service. Faultless. And not expensive for what you get, appropriately priced I'd say.

3  Thank greave2016
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful, food. Highest quality. Cannot praise the tastes created highly enough. Front of house personnel very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable too. Recommended if you wish to sample top class cuisine.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Set menu for £60 was incredible good value for this quality of tasting menu. Every course was interesting and delicious, served on local Crail Pottery plates and bowls.
Matching wines were £50, once again , interesting and flavoursome and great measures.
Service was very efficient but would be better if it was more relaxed and engaging.
We booked an early table but felt first few courses were too rushed.