All reviews owners and staff for sale real ale golf tournament hotel for dinner lovely hotel excellent breakfast steak pie feel very welcome fife coastal path tv kingsbarns pub
Reviewed November 10, 2017

After a long morning of driving and then a day at Crail Raceway, we decided to possibly stay a night and drive back home in the morning. Thought this establishment looked friendly, local, not to far for a cheeky pint to end a good day. However the attitude of the man behind the desk immediately put me off. He kinda just braked room prices at me and turned back to his conversation. I would have been okay spending £90 on a room in the dark and dingy building if the staff were a little nicer. I know we all have bad days, but turn that frown upside down when your the face of a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wiiaahh
Balcomie H, Manager at Balcomie Links Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Sorry, I think you got the wrong hotel, as we did not have any guest booked in, on the day to stay with us. All guests stayed for the Rally, had a prior reservation.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Recently stopped here whilst working on a major golf tournament, it was booked by the production company. Very handy for the Kingsbarns golf course only 10 minutes away. The hotel is very reflective of the seventies, which I suspect was the the last time it was updated. Plenty of parking and the owners and staff made you feel very welcome. Bar food was what you would expect and it was good i ate there 3 of the 4 nights (The other night was in the Crail chip shop which is very good) The breakfasts were excellent i had full cooked everyday they set me up for the day. The WiFi is very flaky probably to the building construction it was OK in my room. However mobile phone signal is very weak. The TV in my room was OK for size but i could only get BBC 1 & 2 on it as i suspect the freeview signal is poor. I do believe the hotel is up for sale and the land maybe developed so don't expect any changes in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Despite the somewhat grand name, the Balcomie Links Hotel comes across as distinctly dated, with a somewhat surprising lack of attention to guest amenities. Our check-in was quick - our credit card had already been charged!

There were no toiletries in the room - not even soap! The shower cycled between tepid water and skin searingly hot water. Certainly wakes you up. The toilet seat would not stay up, making for some contortions! Little things, but diminished the enjoyment.

The television was the smallest I have ever seen, and wifi is only available in the 'guest lounge' which is large and empty. Breakfast was ok but basic.

The hosts were nice enough but don't convey a level of welcome and warmth that can make a small hotel stand out.

Honestly, can't recommend to other Tripadvisees.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed on business for golf tournament nearby at Kingsbarns. Great area! Room was comfortable and clean. Way overpriced in my opinion. Bed was comfy and great shower. Had a meal downstairs in the pub, which was pretty good- cheeseburger and fries with drink, about £8.50.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

I will start with reasons we came across this place.
Search for accomodation whilst walking Fife Coastal Path and this place came up.
Mixed reviews we thought we'd make our own judgements so here is our review.
We arrived after a VERY WET AND WINDY DAY. Nobody on receptiin desk but soon to appear after ringing bell.
Manager gave us room key and directed us to our room.
He even took our wet clothes to dry them off in boiler cupboard after being asked. We we're extremely grateful for this as had to wear them again today.
We settled into a nice room. Really clean and,comfortable bed.
We had excellent food in the Bar at night served by extremely friendly young girl and young man who were both very friendly and polite.
The comes from the manager from now on in.
We asked the young waitress if we could use the phone as neither of our mobiles had any signal.
The young waitress didn't return to answer our question but the manager did...
He said the signal is good in the extension part of the building.
This was proven not to be the case...
After both of us trying different networks and different phones we still weren't unable to phone home to alert ANYONE we were safe after a hellish day.
We asked as RESIDENTS may we use a phone to phone home only to be told there's a pay phone costing 67p a minute!!!
Or the phone in your room at same cost.
So having paid £90 for the room
And £40 for a meal us residents wishing to make 1 call home due to poooooor signal we would be charged for it.
Out of principle we didn't pay anymore money and hope others won't give a penny either.
I can see the difference if someone was passing by and needed to use a phone then yes they may be charged but two woman on a wet and windy horrendous day asked to use the phone to one of our two husbands to enable them to know our safety after all we were RESIDENTS to be asked to pay is downright poor customer service.
The golf hotel is along the road this will be the place we recommend to EVERYONE we know.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family