“Family friendly lunch.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Popped in with my husband for lunch on a whim and had a lovely time. The staff were very welcoming and friendly (very patient and accommodating with my 2 year old), which is always important to me. We ordered our daughter’s starter first and it arrived quickly (very important for staving off potential hanger). When we tested the soup to see if it was too hot we changed our mind about what we were going to order and we opted for soup and a sandwich with a portion of spicy chips to share. The soup (tomato) was lovely and the sandwiches we ordered (BLT and tuna mayo on fresh good quality bread) were very good and nicely presented (on a board with a wee pot of coleslaw). The spicy fries were good too. Our daughter was enjoying dipping her lovely fresh bread in the soup so we asked to cancel her main and got her more bread - this wasn’t a problem at all. I wouldn’t hesitate to pop back in for a meal.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Popped down for a meal with my girlfriend for my birthday. I had the Chicken Balmoral and chips. It's a dish I really like, but the one done here is very poor and wasn't as tasty as many good takes on the dish I have had in the past.
The chips are were also really poor. Not home made and tasted like McCain's oven chips. Not somewhere I would return to I'm a hurry.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Great food, lovely, friendly staff, clean room with comfy bed & good value for money!!! Defo worth a visit

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Needed a room for the night for a stay in Midlothian at short notice. Room very reasonably priced online so took a chance and was not disappointed. When I arrived the bar area was quite busy with a mixture of families and people that looked like regulars. Immediately I felt welcome here as was greeted by the bar staff and had a easy check in. I was shown where breakfast is served and at what times it was available, then shown to my room. The room was clean and a nice size with 2 single beds, bathroom, towels, tea and coffee facilities and a TV. Was given 2 keys, one for the room and another for if I was coming in late after the pub had closed for a back entrance direct to the rooms. Bed was comfortable. Had breakfast here which was included in the price, I had full Scottish which was cooked lovely and there was the option to have cereal. I had a nice pot of tea with fresh milk and there was a tea plate with butter and jam for any toast which was nice to not have to ask if any butter was available. I don't know anyone that can eat dry toast haha. I found the bar staff and the owner very down to earth, professional and approachable. The bar was very nice as well, split into a lounge area and a restaurant, there is a nice conservatory as well which was where I had breakfast. Also a pool table in one section. Had 3 real ales on offer as well as the usual beers on draught, a small selection of spirits, gin is popular at the moment and this place has a decent selection and of course a good selection of whiskies. Seen a wine list on the table and had a few to choose from. Would definitely come back for a stay and definitely pop back even just for some fresh well kept ales and good home cooked food from local sources!

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. I had the curry and it was excellent. We stopped after visiting Rosslyn Chapel and we are very glad we did. Would definitely come again!