Gordon Arms Hotel
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbit datedbeefthe riverhaggisstayed here for one nightwould stay againnice roomfishing tripfood was lovelybar restaurantwell worth a visitcomfortable bedkipperssmall villagehigh streetblack puddingvery pleasant stay
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Honestly one of the worst hotels I've stayed in.

The food is terrible - it's either out of a freezer bag or thrown together. The gluten free options are not vegetarian so I asked for soup and to have the goats cheese salad starter as a main with a soda & lime- I was charged nearly £19! Don't even ask me about the veggie curry the night before..... Please do not waste your time eating here - The Station hotel in Rothes is cheaper and of far superior quality - it's worth the 10 min drive (trust me) £19.95 for two course Sunday dinner and it was lovely! I cant emphasise this enough.

The rooms haven't been decorated since the early 80s.
The kettle in the room is almost as old.
My 'ensuite' was basically a cupboard in the corner of the room - the shower would pulsate from boiling hot to cold, you couldn't regulate the temperature.
The bedding sheets were lovely, soft cotton though.

Breakfast is prunes, a fry up or porridge - so not great choice if you're vegetarian or trying to eat healthy (which I am). To be fair the poached eggs were ok.

This place is stuck in the dark ages. Absolutely no pride or attention to detail. I'm sure for the price there are nice B&Bs you could stay in or go a few more miles out to Aberlour or even Elgin.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank D-Smithx
Reviewed January 15, 2017

Lovely hotel situated in the small village of Fochabers, famous for Baxters foods and exports all over the world.
Lovely room and bed, front facing room to main road, and no noise to disturb our sleep. Lovely and comfort bed, so a great sleep.
We had a wonderful meal on arrival for the 6 of us,with lovely receptionist, and caterers in the hotel.
Before leaving on sunday morning, best scottish breakfast ever, with the whole plate covered in black pudding,sausages,bacon,egg(s),beans,mushrooms and fried bread. Great start to the day,unlimited toast, and a lovely tea or coffee served by the waitress.
Highly recommended for a stopover if visiting the north east, or for anyone travelling to the River Spey for a fishing trip.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms we booked were on first floor, and at the front corner. All peaceful, no disturbance.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

There aren't many places to eat full meals in the evening in Fochabers so we have been to the Gordon Arms a handful of times. Compared to locally, the carvery is a plus- good proportions and meat selection however we have never had a good restaurant menu experience.

Food is often of poor quality and vegetables either over or undercooked and for what you get it's really overpriced. I wouldn't give negative comments if we paid less as you pay for what you get but after having a similar experience every time we have visited, it really wasn't a one off.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Ok. Lived locally for 30ish years. Always recommended Gordon Arms. Had a few mmm okay will let that one go. So tonight yet again lets start off the new year at the gordon arms. First phoned to book the table. Fine was told last orders would be 7.30pm asked if we could book in for that time yes no problem. Got shown our table waited patiently for drinks order or an order. Drinks came. Then i looked to my left and this woman was stood there. Oh are you here to take our order "yes she said" service rubbish got starter order wrong cancelled mains. All over service rubbish. Tables sticky Floors need a good clean. Family said dont make too much of a fuss but sorry i am not putting up with crap would they? We all agreed the Gordon Arms is off our list

Room Tip: Been coming here for a long time but no longer will we be recommending it
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank maidenunitedkingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2016

3 us in for lunch today, it was first time I have been in. Lounge was very cosy with fire place lite.
I had great.I had the grilled haddock it was lovely, mother in law had turkey all trimming, she really enjoyed, and my husband had the stripes beef with Stilton sauce, he enjoyed the very much.
Staff where very friendly.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family